C . THIRTY-NINE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝘂𝗻𝘁

𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗔𝗛'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗛

"Izana's here to end Mikey."

Those words escaped through my lips. The atmosphere between the three of us becomes heavy, and I feel Emma's arms wrapping around my waist.

She's worried about her brothers.

Who wouldn't be?

Izana's going to kill the only family he has left, just because of his hatred against Mikey.

This sibling must be stressful for her, and if only would Shinichiro was here. He'll think of something to stop the two from killing each other.

"I'll clean this stuff," Draken said as he stands from his seat.

I nod my head while I pat Emma's arms.

I watch Draken leave Mikey's room, and my mind still lingers on Izana's letter.

I'm not sure what will Shinichiro do at this moment since I haven't met him. For sure he'll talk to Izana or Mikey, and he'll end this sibling fight once and for all, but it's easier said than done.

'Shinichiro-san... lend me your powers!', I sighed, and then Emma spoke.

"Neesan, will Mikey and Izana will be fine?", she asked and I turned my head to the side to look at Emma.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm worried about Mikey.", I answered truthfully and I can feel her hug tighten around me.

"I'm worried for the both of them. They are brothers, and I don't understand why things have to end like this.", Emma said from behind me as she snuggles her face in the crook of my neck.

I pat Emma's head and I thought of the same thing.

I can't blame Izana and Mikey. However, should this fight end like this?

"Don't worry Emma. Everything will be fine. I'm sure we'll think of a solution where no one will die.", I smiled and Emma lifts her head to stare at me.

"Just don't go sacrificing yourself again. If you die, I swear I'll be the one visiting you in the afterlife!", she yelled and I winced.

'Shouldn't I be the one saying that?'

"I-I won't. No need to get mad.", I promised and she huffed out a breath.

"You are Mikey's only happiness, and I hope that there will be a good future for you. Even if you don't end up with Mikey, I'll pray for your happiness!", Emma beamed and I couldn't but smile.

Emma can be sweet sometimes and Draken is lucky to have her. 'I just hope that overgrown idiot would confess to her before it's too late...'