C . THIRTY-TWO

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗵é 𝗙𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲

'𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?'

•𝗞𝗘𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗞𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗝𝗜

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗗 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗢𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩
(A year ago)

Toman stayed in Neviah's house until the day turns night.

They have decided to leave and went home, except for Baji.

He told Chifuyu that he'll stay in Neviah's house for a while, and Chifuyu knew the reason why.

"I'll be leaving, Neesan, Baji!", Chifuyu called while wearing his shoes.

"Okay! Have a safe trip home, Chufu!", Neviah beamed while ruffling Chifuyu's hair.

The boy swatted her hand away and the girl snickered.

"Stop it! You're going to ruin my hair!", he puffed and Neviah couldn't help but to laugh.

"Whatever. Go home.", Neviah literally pushed Chifuyu out of the house.

"Okay, Okay! You don't have to push me if you just want to have some alone time with Baji- MMFPH!"

Neviah had to cover Chifuyu's mouth with her hands to prevent the boy to say something.

"I-It's not like that! Also, keep your voice down! HE might here you!", she whisper-yelled at Chifuyu.

Chifuyu knew Neviah's feelings for Baji, and vice versa. He knows that his senpais hold romantic feelings for each other, but their just in denial.

Chifuyu removes Neviah's hands off of his lips before speaking...

"Neesan, if you like Baji that much, just confess to him."

He then received a good slap from Neviah.

"CHUFUUUU! Keep your voice low! He might hear you!"

"Wouldn't that benefit you?", Chifuyu shrugs and Neviah slaps his arm once more.

It would benefit her if Baji heard them, but of course, there's a possibility that the result would end up otherwise.

And Neviah would hate getting rejected in the end. It wouldn't just hurt her but also embarrass her..

"Why not confess already? It's been two years since you've fallen for him... why do you keep your feelings to yourself?", Chifuyu wondered as he stared at Neviah.

The girl falters back and her gaze drops on the floor.

'Why do you keep your feelings to yourself?'

That line keeps on repeating inside her head like a broken recorder.

Neviah has been wondering the same thing. 'Why do I?'

The fear of being rejected was the first thing that comes up to her mind. Second, it feels wrong for her. She thinks that this is just a temporary feeling that teenagers like her would experience.

She thinks that it will be gone soon, but for 2 years her feelings haven't changed. Maybe's she's not acknowleding it but the truth is that she's afraid to face Baji.