C . ONE

Chapter One: NEVIAH FUKURIZAWA

Most of the chapters in "Precognition" will be edited, so expect unrelated topics in the comment sections.

What do you fear the most?

Do you fear losing the people you love the most? Or do you fear leaving them behind?

Does seeing the future give you an upper hand? Or would it just cause another trauma for you?

Neviah Fukurizawa

At the age of 8, a 15-year-old girl was forced to live in an orphanage. It's not that her parents left her; there was an incident that happened 7 years ago that led to her tragic situation. Fate compelled Neviah to lead a solitary life.

Fortunately, the people at the orphanage were kind enough to welcome her. She remained at the orphanage until she was 12. At that time, Mori adopted her.

Mori Fukurizawa is a well-known businessman in Japan. He owns a ramen shop in Shibuya that sells the best ramen in Asia. He's also well-known for his looks and charisma. You see, Mori is already in his 40s, but people say that he looks like he's in his late 20s or early 30s. Neviah thought that Mori was young, but the truth is that he was already at his peak.

Their first meeting was somewhat awkward because Neviah had lost some of her memories due to shock. She had short-term memory loss and forgot who Mori was; that's why Mori had to introduce himself again to Neviah. He showed a photo of himself and Kai, Neviah's biological father, which triggered Neviah's memory.

Neviah left the orphanage to live with Mori.

Since then, Neviah has changed her name from Neviah Shoto to Neviah Fukurizawa. She became Mori's biological daughter, and Mori treats her like his own daughter.

Mori provided for Neviah's needs and wants, and he never left her on her own. He hired someone to look after her while he was at work. Neviah didn't want this, but it was all for her safety—that's Mori's usual answer. With no other option, Neviah simply let her father do as he wished. If it's for her, then she'll obediently listen.

"Nevi, I have a meeting with one of our investors later, so I might be home a bit late tonight." Mori initiated the talk, catching Neviah's attention.

"Does that mean I'll be staying with Kei?" Neviah asked her father, who nodded in reply.

"It might take longer than expected, but I've already informed Kei-chan, so there's no need to worry. Also, I'm sure that his mother will welcome you," Mori added, and Neviah felt excited.

It had been a while since she last visited her best friend, Kei.

Keisuke Baji, also known as Bakaji by Neviah. He's the first friend she ever had. She never made friends when she's at the orphanage. Neviah would stay inside the head nun's office while reading a book rather than socializing with her peers.