C . TEN

CHAPTER TEN: KNOWING YOU

'I believe in you, Takemichi.'

~Neviah Shoto Fukurizawa

THIRD PERSON'S POV

A doctor came to check on Takemichi again to see if his body is already stable.

"There's no signs of stress inside your body. I'll provide painkillers in case you feel any pain. Overall, your body's functioning well. It's a miracle that you survived that shot." The doctor praised and Takemichi was bewildered.

The boy just learned that he was shot in the chest. "Usually, people who got shot in the chest never survived. If they do, there would be a slim chance."

'Well, it's fun to know that I got a chance to live again.' Takemichi thought as he shivered at the idea of dying.

It's the second time of living again. The first one was when he got pushed in the train tracks; now, he survived the shooting incident. 'Is there something worst going to happen to me?'

"How long does he need to stay here?" Mori asked since he came here with Neviah and Baji.

The said girl was standing behind the doctor with Baji and Chifuyu.

"A few weeks would suffice." The doctor answered as he faces Mori. "He should be fine around next month, August 3rd."

Takemichi inhaled sharply at the doctor's words. He realizes that August 3rd is the day of Draken's death. He can't let Draken die. Takemichi looks at Neviah out of instinct. He's not sure why, but he thinks that Neviah can do something about it.

"So you'll be released after two weeks, then I suggest for you to stay in your house for another week. Don't do vigorous activities since it might open up your wound." The doctor continues to note down the things that Takemichi will be doing for the next month.

Meanwhile, the boy looks conflicted. He wants to go against the doctor's advice, but how can he do that when Neviah's glaring at him at the moment.

'I think she can read my mind.' Takemichi thought as he internally cries in frustration.

"If you want a quick recovery, I suggest not to join any gang fights."

Three boys flinched at the doctor's advice. Neviah coughs out a laugh and bit her lower lip to prevent herself from snickering. Mori sighs in a corner as he's fully aware that the four kids are in a gang.

"That's all. I'll send a nurse to check up on you every once in a while."

"Thanks, doctor." Mori bowed down as the doctor waves a hand.

"Ah, it's nothing. I'll be leaving."

"Let me walk you out." Mori offered, but the doctor rejects him.

"No need, Mori-san-"

"But we have something to TALK to, Yu-Ki." There's a hint of hostility in Mori's voice.