C . FIVE

*Art by Ken Wakui*

Chapter Five: TOMAN'S ASSEMBLY

'You're Takemichi Hanagaki?...

Welcome to the gang, Takemitchy♡'

~Neviah Shoto Fukurizawa

NEVIAH'S POV ———————————

How should I describe my emotions today? Excited? Anxious? Happy? Today's the day I'll be meeting Takemichi. I haven't met him yet; the first time I saw him was in my dream.

I possess the ability to glimpse the future through my dreams. I kind of hate this ability. It can be useful for avoiding incidents, but it takes a toll on me. The scenes replay in my head like a broken record, and some of them have caused me trauma.

After class, the three of us went to Musashi Shrine. The meeting was scheduled for the evening, but Mikey wanted us, the captains, to be there as early as possible. Mikey also needed to discuss Takemichi with me. It's my responsibility to evaluate every recruited member. Not just anyone can enter the gang unless they have a clear motive.

Speaking of motives, I wondered why Takemichi seemed so helpless in my dream?

"Ne, Nevi-chin," someone called my name, and I turned to see our gang leader, Mikey.

"Do you need something, Mikey?" I asked as I leaned against a tree.

I was sitting under the trees. The captains were discussing the newly recruited member, Takemichi, and the ongoing conflict with Moebius. I rarely joined their conversations, except in urgent cases. I usually remained under the trees, reading a book or listening to music. Sometimes, Chifuyu would keep me company, but today he was with Baji.

Mikey sat down beside me, and we both watched the captains converse not too far away.

"What should we do about Moebius?" Mikey asked bluntly.

I glanced at him and saw the rage in his dark eyes. It was genuinely terrifying. I returned my attention to the captains.

The issue with Moebius was unacceptable. Baji had told me that Pachin's friend had been assaulted by Moebius. Furthermore, that friend's girlfriend had been raped in front of him.

It was disgusting and unacceptable. Those who acted inhumanely needed to be punished.

"Kawaragi said that he wants to fight Moebius. How do you feel about that?" Mikey asked, his gaze still on the captains.

"Pachin is furious about the incident. His friends aren't part of TOMAN, but they're Pachin's friends. Of course, he wanted to take revenge on Moebius, and I understand him," I commented as the wind tousled my hair, entangling it in the process.