Cheeseburger Backpack

It was a long, hard day of jumping, running, and strumming for fighting a giant bird, but we finally did it. The crystal gems and I were standing in a now giant empty nest with Garnet's hair full of feathers.

"Amethyst, that egg is too big, we can't take that back with us." Pearl had said to Amethyst as she approached the moon goddess statue.

"You doubt me too much P." Amethyst shot back as she held up a giant as big as her. We didn't really have time to catch our breath as we got back to the house by portal. when we did get back, Steven was in the house with a package in his arms.

"Hello Steven." Garnet greeted Steven with her usual cool tone of voice while I just waved and Pearl scolded Amethyst about not needing the egg and how it won't fit in the fridge.

"What? I got this," she pulls the one shelf that was carrying the milk and bagels and threw it on the ground. This gave her more space to work with, putting the egg in the fridge, although taking up all of it. "Look it fits." She said slamming the fridge door, though I may have heard a big cracking sound from inside of it while she was listing every giant egg based food item. This made Pearl look at her a certain way.

"We fought a giant bird," she turned back to Steven

"We fought a giant bird," she turned back to Steven. "We're only here for a second, we've got to go back out." Steven only asked why in disappointment.

"We have to place this Moon Goddess statue on the top of the Lunar Sea Spire before midnight, without it, the whole place will fall apart," Pearl begins to reminisce about the prime of the sea spire with a holographic projection out of her gem. "Oh Steven, you should have seen it in it's heyday. It was an oasis for gems on Earth. It's abandoned now, but we can still save it with this statue." Steven gets stars in his eyes, saying how perfect it is, leading to a questioning Pearl.

"Because I can help carry it for you, in this." He goes to open the package that was in his arms with sound effects, revealing a...cheeseburger? backpack? both? You've got to love his showmanship.

"It's a novelty backpack, shaped like a cheeseburger. Aww I blew it. I was just gonna wear it one day, and you guys were gonna be like, 'Dang Steven that's so cool.' But this is obviously important Gem business." Steven had said and I couldn't help but snicker.

"Yes, so you should let us take care of it."

"What, I'm a Gem." Steven lifted up his shirt to reveal his Rose Quarts gem, shifting his eyes at it then back at us multiple times.

"But you've still got a lot to learn." Amethyst interjected with the fact that he should come with us. She waved her hands and said that it would be educational.

"She's right you know, how is he supposed to learn without any experience." I had interjected, helping Steven's case. Pearl had thought it over, but relented and told him that he can carry it in his hamburger. As Steven had set his backpack down to put the statue in, he realized that every thing, including the cheese is a pocket. that lead him to try and find everything he could around the house to put in it. Bagels, a sweater, a kite, inflatable raft and everything in-between. Meanwhile, everyone else and I had walked over to the warp pad. He seemed to be taking a little too long, which lead to Pearl yelling out his name.