Jealousy it is - Zoya Nazyalensky x fem! Reader

A/n: I've never done writing for Zoya before even if she is on my list! (I've always wanted to but it hasn't been high in demand!) Btw this was requested on my Tumblr!

Request: Can you do a fem reader x Zoya Nazyalensky where Nikolai starts flirting with the reader and Zoya gets jealous?

Warnings: Language.

!!!technically King of scares and rule of wolves spoilers!!!!

The image above is not mine and I do not own shadow and bone or its characters!!!

Y/n had never seen such a beautiful creature.

Zoya was strong but yet beautiful, she held the strength of twenty lions from her powers to her wit. Yet she had a beauty that even the Saints would be jealous of. And perhaps they were because she had meant them, so they must have been.

Although all of these reasons weren't even close to summing up how much and why she loved Zoya Nazyalensky they were the shortest thing Y/n could think about without it being pages, beyond pages long... Again.

So maybe that was why her best friend (other than Zoya of course) was getting far from just annoyed.

"You have to tell her."

Y/n just sighs as she quickly keeps on moving through the little palace; after the whole war with Fjerda, they still held Grisha training here open for all Grisha if they wanted to come.

"I told you Nikolai the Queen of Ravka does not love me. Not one bit."

Nikolai grumbles and a string of curses are mumbled under his breath that Y/n very much does not want to repeat.

"Yes, she does! Your both just too oblivious to realize!"

Sharply turning around Y/n faces him with tears shining in her y/e/c orbs.

"And even if she does why would the Dragon Queen court a simple Alkemi." The woman says flatly her voice remaining (mostly) emotionless.

"The people would rather have her with you than with me. And you know how much everyone would hate that!"

After the war, Nikolai had fully taken on the role of Strumhond but as Nikolai Lantsov. The people had decided that he could train people to sail the seas because no one did it like him. (Everyone but Inej Ghafa of course! But sometimes they worked together to take down Slavers not that anyone knew that though.)

"Are you fucking kidding me Y/n!"

He grabs your arm to bring you closer.

"First of all your the most powerful Alkemi of all time. Don't deny it! And Mrs. Nazyalensky loves you! Trust me!"

"Last time I trusted you I got banned from my favourite bar." She grumbles under her breath.

"Okay fine! But what if we test if Zoya likes you? By making her jealous!"

She goes over the prospects in her head. If Zoya even felt the tiniest bit for her it would show. She was... Okay at covering her emotions but jealousy? Never in a million years (along with spite). Curse Nikolai for making her hope.

"Fine, I'll do it. But I need someo-"

Nikolai cuts her off before she can even finish her sentence already knowing what she's going to say.

"I'm your partner in crime love!"

He twirls her around and whispers in her ear. "So let's start now."

Y/n cranes her head around just a small bit to see Zoya coming into the hallway her Nikolai was currently in.

Quickly she looks back at Nikolai and internally she panics. What the hell was she supposed to do?!