Chapter 26 - unexpected

Start from the beginning

"I know. I was asked if I was the father in the lobby." He tells me as I sigh.

"I'm scared." I whisper softly. "I thought I was ready for marriage and kids but I'm terrified that I'll do it wrong." I tell him as he holds me into his chest.

"We got this Ry. We do, it'll be okay." He tells me as I nod and hug him. He rubs my back in his hand and my stomach in the other as he tells me, "You know if it's a boy, he'll be huge. I came out twenty four inches and ten pounds." He tells me as I look back at him and slap his leg.

"Jax don't tell me that! My vagina hurts just hearing that!" I scold as he laughs.

"Don't worry about it right now. Just feel better. We'll have to learn what to do, but I know we've got this Ry." He tells me as I smile.

"And that starts with me telling you that I think we should move and start over somewhere that doesn't know me. That way I know you can be safe." He tells me as I stare at him in shock.

"Like where?" I ask trying to remain calm. "Carter found me a job while we were in the lobby waiting. I'd be training kids how to box, and personal training type of stuff. It pays decent, and with my savings you should be fine and the baby."

"Where is this job?" I ask again. "Around three hours away. In a small little town south. We'd be less than five hours from your parents." He tells me as I sigh.

"But what about your home? And Bee? Your whole life is here and that shouldn't end because of one bad thing happening to me." I tell him.

"I'll keep it and rent it out. But Bee, he'll be fine anywhere as long as he can go outside and watch the bees and birds." He tells me as I sigh.

"And we could raise a child here?" I ask as he nods. "We'll find a home in the suburbs or country and we'll raise it." He tells me as I sigh and then nod.

"Jax if you really think this is best we can do it but I don't want to if it's just because of me. I'm fine." I tell him rubbing his hand.

"This is my fault and it's not happening again. Rylee I love you." He tells me as I smile.

"I love you too Jax." I tell him as he kisses my forehead. "Now get some rest, it's early and your parents will be here in a few hours." He tells me as I nod and hug his chest. I rest into his shoulder while he rubs my back, I feel so safe with him holding me and I know I'll be okay. That's when I fall asleep holding the man I love with all my heart. Little did I know that'd be one of the best moments of my life that I would soon forget.

___

When I wake up Jax isn't under me anymore. I look around my room and see my parents waiting in the chairs. "Hi mom and dad." I whisper seeing them as they sit.

"Hi sweetie" she whispers as she stands up coming over to hug me.

"Where is Jax?" I ask as she pulls away. "He went out." She tells me as I stare back at her funnily. He wouldn't go out with me hurt, and that's not okay.

"No he wouldn't do that. Where is he?" I ask her as she looks back at my dad and then at me.

"Mom?" I ask as she looks at me and grabs my hand. She tries to hold it as I immediately pull away. "Mom" I whisper as she nods.

"Honey he left." She tells me as I shake my head no. "He wouldn't do that. He wouldn't leave me." I tell her as she nods.

"We told him too." She tells me as I pull away from her. "Honey he's not good for you. Okay? We met and he seems like a nice man but he's the reason you got hurt and we made him leave. We threatened to call the police if he didn't." She tells me as I pull away from her with tears in my eyes.

"Get out. Where is my phone?" I ask as I search the comforter for it and then end up hitting the call light for the nurse to come back.

"Rylee Jane stop!" My mom yells as I immediately start, "No, you will not tell me who I can and can't love. You won't tell me that I can't see the guy that I love. I'm an adult, I pay my bills, and I don't want anything from you. He's my boyfriend and he's coming back." I demand pushing her away.

When the nurse comes back in I ask for a phone and for my parents to leave. I don't want to see them like this, they think they know what's best for me and they don't know. She leaves me alone when I call him.

"Jax?" I ask time I call his number and he answers. "Ry" he whispers back as I wipe my tears.

"I had no idea they would ask you to leave. Please come back. I'm ready to go home." I tell him as I wipe my tears.

"Rylee, I want to but I don't think that's a good idea." He tells me as I sigh. "Why?" I ask.

"Because they hate my guts. Rylee they really have a reason too. I'm the reason you're hurt and they're right." He tells me as I shake my head no. This can't be happening, this can't be.

"Jax you're the reason I'm alive. Please babe, please Jax." I whisper into the phone wiping my tears.

"Rylee I don't think it's best if we see each other anymore." He tells me breaking my heart in half. "Jax?" I whisper wiping my salty tears falling. He's breaking my heart.

"Please don't do this. Please. I don't care about the past I care about what I have with you. Our life and our family." I whisper out as I sit trying to contain the sobs forming in my chest.

"Ry how can I ever get over what's happened?" He asks as I hold back my sobs. "Because I don't care. I love you Jax, and I don't care about any of it." I whisper softly.

"Ry don't cry." He whispers as I wipe my tears. "Then don't break my heart Jax please. What's really going on? This morning we loved each other and now this?" I whisper.

"I can't hurt you Ry." He tells me as I sob. "If you dump me Jax I'll never forgive you. That will hurt me more than anything in this world. I love you. I love you Jax. Come here, please." I whisper wiping my own tears away.

"I can't do that." He tells me as I break down further.

"Rylee I'll always love you but I know I'm not what's best for you right now." He tells me as I shake my head no.

"Jax stop. Stop it. You're what's best for me, I love you. I love you Jax." I tell him as I cry into the phone. "Do you not love me anymore?" I ask trying to contain my tears.

"Of course I love you." He tells me as I hold my chest.

"Then please Jax, please come here" I demand crying my eyes out. This hurts so bad, this is worse than anything I've ever experienced.

"Ten minutes" he whispers out as I sigh and he hangs up after telling me he loves me. When he comes to my room and opens the door I'm a sobbing mess.

"I don't give a fuck what they say. I make my decisions and I want you Jax." I whisper into his neck as he holds me.

"I just thought-" he goes to tell me as I shake my head no.

"No Jax. No." I repeat over and over again into his neck as I hold him praying that this doesn't go away. He rubs my back as I hold his hoodie close to me and cry into his neck. This can't end, it can't.