Chapter 8 - forgive and forget right?

Rylee's POV

The day I decide to come back is a nervous one. When I pull up to our apartment I'm exhausted from the drive and dreading a conversation that I know will end with my heart broke. I just know what the answers going to be in this situation and I've prepared myself for it.

The last two days have been amazing. The beach and my parents have gave me time to think about my relationship with Jacob. I just don't know what decision I've come too yet but I know it's that I don't want us to end.

I grab my bags and head for the apartment. A minute later I'm opening the door with my key and my heart literally stops as I look at the apartment. It's cleaned to perfection and the floors are shining it looks so good. But what makes me smile is when Jacob's in dress clothes with dinner made for me and daisy flowers sitting on the table.

I immediately start bawling tears as I shut the door and drop my bag before running to him and hugging his chest. "RJ I'm so sorry." He whispers into my hair as I nod.

"I know me too." I tell him as he kisses the backside of my head. He pulls my chin to his as he seals his lips down on mine and I kiss him back. I move my tongue with his as he rubs my back and then my butt cheek in his palm. He pulls away and kisses down the side of my neck as I kiss his and feel his smaller chest frame.

"Baby, you're the only woman I love and you'll always be that woman. Hopefully this helps make up for it because it didn't cost anything since we bought groceries last week and the flowers came from the garden on the roof." He tells me as I smile and wipe my tears off my face. This is what I wanted, effort and love like this.

"It's perfect. Thank you." I tell him as he smiles. This is the complete opposite of what I thought was about to happen and I'm so happy it is.

"Will you sit and eat with me?" He asks as I nod. He pulls my chair out like he did on our first date and sits next to me before I fix my plate and he does the same thing. We just have sweet tea from the refrigerator as he rubs my thigh under the table.

"So how was it?" He asks after a few minutes. "It was amazing and needed. I'm happy I went." I tell him as he nods.

"The real question is how did you afford to go, did you take a plane?" He asks as I shake my head no. "I drove eight plus hours, something I never want to do again. My mom and dad gave me some gas money so I filled up a few times." I lie to him as he nods. He doesn't need to know about Jax because it'll make him angry and it's not important right now. I still feel something for Jax and he's quickly become one of my friends because of it.

"I'm glad you went." He tells me rubbing my thigh in his hand. "I made my decision if you can't tell." He tells me as I look over at him.

"And the verdict is?" I ask as he smiles. "I've printed out my biweekly salary and I've got it figured out. We don't need more loans right now, so I've got my payment drafted each two weeks. The rest of my check is going towards the groceries obviously, rent, insurance on our cars, the gas bill and water bill. You always take the electricity bill and you've been taking all the rest of them too and I want to make up for it. With the bills payed for the month I'll have a few hundred dollars left over and I'm putting it in a savings account. What's not used in it, I'd like to put on a home eventually." He tells me as I crack a smile.

"I'm glad" I tell him as he smiles. "And here's the proof." He tells me pulling his bank statement off the table as I read the sheet. The name of the account clearly reads RJ's engagement ring and the wedding. It's already got a two hundred dollar deposit and I love it.

"Does this mean what I think it does?" I ask as he nods. I don't even finish my dinner as I launch at his chest and hug him. He laughs as he lifts me onto his hips and drags me into the bedroom as we never stop kissing.