Chapter 27 - healing

Rylee's POV

The next day I'm home and in our bed. I refuse for Jax to leave me and talk to my parents about what they said. I have even refused to speak to them about it at all. So Jax is holding me into his arms as I lay back on his chest with my elevated leg.

We haven't really talked about it at all. All I know is that my parents are staying a hotel in town and want to see me but I can't even look at them right now. Suddenly not feeling all that well my guts turn.

"Jax" I whisper feeling him shift. "Yeah?" He asks as I rub my belly. "Get me the trashcan, please." I demand as I instantly gag. He moves quickly and brings the trashcan from the bathroom to me as I lean over the bed and puke. I knew eating pancakes was a bad idea this morning. He holds my hair back as I gag into the trashcan and immediately stomach acid comes out.

When I'm done I pull back and tie the trash up before trying to move out of bed but I can't. Jax helps me out as he carries me bridal style to the bathroom and sits me on the sink. He takes the trash out as I sit down and feel fatigue hit my body. This isn't normal, Jax and I haven't been together long enough to have a baby, but I guess nothing goes as expected. I just know that it's his baby since my period hit right before I had to get pregnant.

I just know it's Jax's baby though and deep down I think he knows it too.

When he comes back into the bathroom he helps me slip off my clothing and wrap my leg before he settles me in a lukewarm tub of water to calm down. We don't talk as he rubs my back as I hold my head between my hands trying to stop the nausea.

"How long has it been this bad?" He asks as he sits down next to me. "Just yesterday. I got sick in the container I was in and puked in the corner. I knew I didn't feel good, and I thought for sure I was stressed out. Not this." I tell him as he nods.

"So Umm, I think we need to talk about yesterday." He tells me as I sigh. "Jax there's nothing left to say. I want you and you don't want me." I tell him as he shakes his head no.

"That's not it and you fucking know it. I just want you to be safe Ry, especially now that you're pregnant." He tells me as I sit still and wipe my face with tears already forming.

"And you don't think I'll be safe here? Behind a security fence and with you. All two hundred plus pounds of you and all six foot six of you? Jax you're a giant who beats the shit out of people and you don't think you'd keep me safe? If you would have been here they would have never taken me. Think about it, I heard movement outside a day or so before I was taken but nothing happened because you were home. The only time they attacked I was alone. That tells you that they were scared of you. Jax you're like my personal bodyguard and you're the only person I feel safe with. I'm not begging you to stay with me though, so if you want to call this quits just do it now. I'm sick of trying to explain how I feel when you think anyone else's opinion of us is more important than how I feel for you. At least I'll know that I loved you with everything in me and that I tried my hardest." I tell him turning my back towards him and covering my naked chest.

It's silent before he wraps his arms around my chest and pulls me towards him. "Rylee look at me." He whispers into my neck as he pulls me around and grabs my jaw in his hand.

"I love you. And I always will love you. But you have no idea what seeing you gone did to me. It makes me feel like you'll be a target for anyone and I hate that. I don't want you hurt." He tells me as I shake my head no.

"Jax you make me feel safe." I tell him as he nods and pulls me to him. He holds my head in his neck as I wipe my tears. "And I really want to see you as a father, you'll be an amazing dad." I whisper softly.