Chapter 23 - hurt

Jaxton's POV

My fights in a few hours and I'm sweating I'm so nervous. Rylee is sitting on the couch when I walk in with my bag on my shoulder. She knows what time I had to leave and she doesn't like it one bit.

"It's that time already?" She asks as I nod and open my arms. She stands up hugging my chest as I kiss her forehead.

"Call me when it's over." She whispers into my neck as I lift her up by her legs. I wrap her legs around my waist and hug her tighter as she kisses the side of my neck.

"Does your foot feel okay?" She asks as I nod. She bandaged it up good enough that I don't really feel it now and I can't thank her enough for doing it.

"Yeah baby. It's fine. I'll call you and I'll be home as soon as I can." I tell her as she nods. She rubs my back as I kiss her head. I start kissing all over her neck making her laugh as she pulls away and I sit her down on her feet.

"Be good." I tell her winking as she smiles. "Come home and I'll be good." She tells me winking back as she moves her tank top off her shoulder and shows me her pink lace bra strap.

"Ry don't make me hard" I tell her as she laughs and kisses my cheek. Rylee is amazing and I know I'm falling in love with her. It's happening fast and I know I care about her more than anyone.

I kiss her head before pulling away as she holds my hand while walking me to the door. She walks me to my truck as I get in and she grabs Bee from my feet. I rub his head as she leans up and kisses me again.

"Jax." She whispers as I rub her face between my hands. "Yeah?" I ask as she rubs Bee.

"Be careful." She tells me as I nod and rub her cheeks. "I will. I'll see you later." I tell her back as she nods and steps back. I get into my truck and drive off leaving her standing there and I hate it. I used to love fighting, but I'm starting to change my mind. Because I'd rather be with Rylee.

___

Rylee's POV

When Jax pulls off I regret not telling him that I love him. When I was standing beside his door I was close to letting it slip. I love that man so much, he's everything to me. I put Bee back down as I walk back to the backdoor.

I get into the house and immediately start worrying about Jax. To the point of me feeling sick as I grab crackers to settle my stomach. I don't know where it comes from but today especially I just haven't felt well at all.

I sit on the couch watching the television for two hours. I don't know what to do with myself. So I distract myself with folding laundry and washing dishes. I'm cleaning the kitchen when I see movement in the backyard.

That's weird. It's the same thing that happened yesterday. I look out across the patio and pool and still see the gate locked as I go to the backdoor and open it. I look in the yard and see pitch black without the light on.

"Hello?" I ask stupidly as I hear the crickets chirping. That's when my fear takes over and I'm about to sprint back into the house. But I don't when I feel hands wrap around my waist.

My breathing increases as I scream at the top of my lungs and I kick. I start punching behind me and then I'm thrown onto the ground and fall right onto my knees as I'm kicked in the back.

I scream in pain as I flip over and a large man in a black hoodie and sweats stands above me in a ski mask. I kick as he picks me up and puts a towel over my mouth. Then my vision becomes so blurry I pass out without trying.

___

Jaxton's POV

Time my fight starts I go after the mother fucker. I start swinging, and I don't take a minute to rest until we're in the third round and we're tied. My thoughts of Rylee have been keeping me calm and having pain pills between rounds but Holt isn't a joke. I'm sore, I'm tired and I want to see Rylee.