CHAPTER 6

WARNING: LONG CHAPTER, mention of abuse, starvation, and abandonment.

I thought that mom and dad were suppose to last forever...

Like they promise at the alter in alabama

They were young, inlove and didnt know any better

Yeah they planned to start a family together

Things had changed if when u walked away

You left me wondering if you ever cared

I wished you stayed

But ill be ok

Cause i learned from you that life's not fair.

Flashbacks- Zach Hood

George doesn't remember much of his dad but most of his memories of him were happy. His real father stayed with him until he was 5. His mom was dirt poor but beautiful, she had amazing tan skin, mesmerizing dark brown eyes, and beatiful long hair. Her nose was long compared to other filipinos who usually had short, button-like noses.

His mother worked as a waitress in a restaurant by the beach of a resort. His father was visiting the philippines and saw her then approached. George's mom claimed that she didn't fall so quickly to his father's arms but 3 months after meeting each other, his mother was pregnant.

His mother didnt like speaking much about his real father so George based his father on his memories. Despite the lack of interest to talk about his father, George was able to pull out the reason to why he left— he was already married to someone back in italy.

His step-siblings were in their teenage years when they found out about George. The lie his father told to his wife was that he got a job in the Philippines, and he did. He opened a hotel and that was what George's dad used to feed both his families. His first wife gave him an ultimatum, either he comes back or he stays with us but with the expense of losing more than half of his wealth. Apparently his wife was a big shot back in their town and so was her family.

George remembered his mother crying and begging him to stay so his father nodded and they all went to sleep. In the next morning though, he was no where to be found and could never be contacted again.

His mother didn't even bother to ask or look for him. What could she do? She didn't have money nor influence. George remembers his mother quickly walking while dragging him along, he remembered it because his mother's grip on him hurt alot. Apparently they went to the hotel his dad owned, he remembered him sitting in the waiting area while rubbing his arm and tearing up abit.

He then saw the cashier and his mother then a man in a more formal attire. He went out and said something that left his mother bursting out crying. She onced again dragged him out and pulled harder than ever. He whined about the pain and clearly remembered his mother's expression.

She yelled with tears pouring down her face. Little George didn't complain and they went home but it wasnt home soon since after that George's life went down the drain.

His old house was sold and they moved to the squatters area. His mother tried asking helping from her relatives but they were struggling themselves so all they gave were a piece or more of worn out clothes. His grandmother gave P1000 ($20) but it went down the drain since his mother started a new addiction, drinking.

She would eventually get her job back at the resort but one night she was fired. From what he remembered, it was because she allowed a customer to buy her drinks which led to her being drunk. George couldn't eat much because his mother was way too lazy to cook, or would scold him off saying she would do it in a while. She ended up cooking too late or not at all.