Chapter 16

Rylans POV

    I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder and dug through my wallet and placed 30 dollars to pay for my untouched food. I ran out of the diner and started the engine to my car.

    "Rylan?" Aurora questioned.

    "I'm coming," I said as I pulled out of the parking lot after connecting my phone to the bluetooth in my phone.

    "What, no I'm fine," she said trying to hide the pain and tiredness in her voice.

    I ignored her and continued my way to the hospital.

    Once I parked my car I walked into the hospital now holding the phone back to my ear.

    "What room are you in," I blurted, sounding like I was in a rush to see her.

    Which I was.

    "I'm in room 2201," She sighed in defeat.

    Then I hung up the phone and walked around the hospital looking for her room.

    Then as I take a step in I lean against the doorframe and watch her as she picks at her fingers awkwardly while a doctor is trying to talk to her.

    "Hey doc, my name is Rylan, I'm her boyfriend," I introduced myself.

    "No he is not! He is my boyfriends stupid bestfriend," Aurora shouted in embaressment.

    "Yeah, cause that's why you told me you were here before him and kissed me passionately the other day," I smirked at her while crossing my arms.

    The young male doctor laughed and then walked out of the room.

    "Yeah well Hayden and I aren't on speaking terms right now," She mumbled. "And the kiss meant nothing to me Rylan, Please just forget about it," She sighs.

    "Call your sister, I accidentally told her no one has heard from you in 2 days so she is probably starting to think you are dead," I Chuckled awkwardly trying to ignore what she just said, because I don't believe her.

    Then I walk towards the caffineria giving her space to call who she needs and to go eat because I'm starving.

    After an hour of sitting in the cafeteria, giving Mylah and Aurora time to talk. I'm getting bored.

    I put my phone in my pocket and decided to roam the hospital halls.

    "Maria Andias, your husband is stable and awake," I hear a doctor say, as I walk into the waiting room.

Not only do I recognize the last name, but I also recognize the first name.

    I immediately looked towards the people, and they were already looking at me.

    Then the girl the doctor called Maria eyes teared up and her hands flew to her mouth.

    "Rylan?!?"

Auroras POV

"So I am starting to think you're not gonna try to tell me about your kiss with Rylan?" Mylah tilted her head and looked at me with a questioning look. Then she let out a snicker at the end of her sentence.

"HE TOLD YOU!" I shouted, Full of surprise.

"Ya, he told me. He also told me it meant nothing to you," She sighed.

"I am dating Hayden, so ya. It meant nothing to me," I laughed awkwardly.

    "Ya okay, where is he," Looked around looking for a non-existent Hayden in the room.