Chapter 9

2 months, and there has been no sign of my father, but to be safe and I haven't seen Mylah sense out 'Girls day'. I don't want to trail My father to her, she's not even allowed to go to school because of him. If he finds her in the end then game over. I will protect her for my entire life.  I will risk my life to save hers, she's my little sister, and she will always come first.

    We Facetimed everyday that night. She is confused about everything, but she is still doing as I ask. I feel like a horrible sister, she wants to go hang out with her friends but for her safety she can't.

    "Hey, Kylie called. She invited us and Rylan over for the weekend. She is going away to her cottage, I told her we would tag along, is that okay?" Hayden asked. I nodded in response. It was 11 at night, and Hayden and I got into an argument about Rylan at dinner. He is Haydens best friend, but the past 2 months he has been really nosey about my personal life and he is really starting to get on my nerves. I tried to explain that to him, but he got mad at me. We haven't really talked sense. I don't know if it should be me or him to apologize.

    I was laying in his bed facing the wall texting Kelly about mylah when I felt someone crawl towards me on the bed.

    It was Hayden, He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him, making my back press against his chest. Then he leaned forward and kissed My cheek.

    "I'm sorry about Rylan, and I'm sorry about arguing with you. I should have been more understanding," Hayden Apologized.

    I let out a loud sigh, and before I could say anything Hayden pulled me on top of him, he turned me around and tilted my head upwards with his finger and he kissed me.

    "Please don't be mad at me, I said I was sorry," Hayden whined.

    "Ugh, fine," I said jokingly.

    30 minutes later I ended up falling asleep in his arms as he massaged my head and played with my hair.

_______________

    The next morning I woke up to movement across the room. I groaned and told whoever it was to shut up.

    "Shut up," I whined.

    "Sorry," Hayden apologized.

    I patted the bed in hopes that he would come lay back down beside me, which he did.

    "We have to pack our bags," Hayden whispered, in my ear.

    "But I don't want to," I whined and shoved my face into Haydens chest.

    Then Hayden got up and continued doing what he was doing. Packing a bag. His own bag obviously.

    So I got up and headed straight to The dresser. I have all of my stuff unpacked and in his dresser. We agreed to share, as long as I put the clothes away.

    Anyways I went through the dresser and picked out some clothes, after I checked the weather for this weekend.

    I am gonna try and be nice to Rylan, I mean he is Haydens Best friend and he's just trying to get to know me. I guess, I don't know. He is trying too hard. It is kinda weird, but whatever.

    An hour later, at 10am. Rylan picked us up in her 6 seater SUV.  He had already picked up Kylie, she sat in the front passenger seat, Rylan drove, and Hayden and I sat in the second row. We all listened to music and sang along.

    Rylan kept looking back at me and I'd scowl at him and rolled my eyes each time, and then once he looked away I would sing again.

     After 3 hours of driving we finally reached our final destination. It had a pool and hot tub, it was like a small fancy cabin. We all brought our bags inside and walked around and checked out the place.

     We picked out our bedrooms, and then we all sat down in the living room and talked. Well, it was mostly just Kylie and Hayden talking.

They talked for about 3 hours, and I just sat there beside Hayden listening.

     Rylan eyed them, then looked at me. I just ignored him and went on my phone. Then I got a text.

     "You can ignore me all you want, but you're not the only one not being involved in their conversation. How's it feeling though? Your boyfriend being so close to your best friend?" Rylan stated through a text message.

     I looked up at him and gave him the finger. Hayden then looked at me confused, but I waved a hand, in hope he wouldn't question it again. Hayden takes my hand in his and kisses my knuckles.

     Then he slipped his hands out of mine and got up.

     "I'm going swimming." I blurted, and got up as well.

     I got up and walked over towards the room that Hayden and I picked. I put on a red bikini and walked outside and sat down on the side of the pool with my feet dangling in it, and then a few moments later I changed my mind and got in the hot tub instead.

     After a while Hayden came into the hot tub.

     "So you finally decided to join me," I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

     "Aw, are you jealous?" Hayden mocked.

     He then started moving closer to me until he was right beside me. He used his finger to turn my head to face him.

     "No need to be jealous," He laughed.

     I ignored him and looked away, but then he pulled me on top of him. I sat on his lap facing him.

     "fuck off," I mumbled.

     He pulled me closer to him and kissed me, but I pulled away and walked out of the pool as Kylie was just about to get in.

     My gut is telling me something is going on, but I ignored it and continued to walk away.

     I went back into the room and changed into a pair of Red and black fuzzy Pajamas, and a black cropped tank top.

     About 20 minutes later Hayden walked into the bedroom while I was trying to read. He grabbed some shorts and walked into the bathroom attached to our room to change. I pretended like I didn't even notice he walked in, but I definitely did.

     "Are you really that jealous," He laughed as he walked back into the room. He walked over towards me on the bed and he crawled over towards me on the bed. He put a bookmark in my book, which made me look up to see he was closer than expected. He was hunched over in front of me. Then he closed my book and moved it away.

     Then He kissed me, me being me. I pushed him away and rolled over to face the opposite direction he was in.

     Hayden let out a sigh and then wrapped his arms around my waist. Then I fell asleep.