Look at the Moon (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Everyone nods before running off to do what they can. I run as soon as Koko takes off, Angie, Rantaro, and Miu close behind.

"Why didn't I bring her out sooner?" I question myself.

"Because you're an idiot!" Miu exclaims. I roll my eyes before chuckling lightly. I'm going to find you, Kokichi.

Hours of us going door to door, Koko finally stops in front of a secluded house in the middle of nowhere. We all deduct that nobody's here. "Okay, what we are about to do is highly illegal. So if Kokichi's not here, not a word of this to anyone." I warn everyone. "Of course, Shuichi. We just want Kokichi to come home..." Angie says, trying to hold her happy attitude. I smile at her before walking around back.

"Can I help you?" A man asks, holding an axe. He seems to have been chopping up wood. Rantaro, who's standing next to me, takes the lead.

"Hello sir, we're with the detective agency. We'd like to ask you a few questions." Rantaro asks. The man looks skeptical before flashing a smile. He seems so normal? A little too normal.

"Of course, please, come inside!" The man says. Miu and Angie watch the entire thing play out from a bush on the side of the house.

Rantaro and I enter the house, an eerie feeling washing over the both of us. The place is very neat, and neatly decorated. This man must have a severe case of OCD. Either that, or he's a major germiphob. The man leads us to the kitchen of the house.

"So, what can I help you with, detectives?" The man asks, a taunting smile on his face. His tone is way to cocky and relaxed. I don't trust him one bit.

"We're looking for this man, can you tell us if you've seen him, or known him?" I speak up, holding out a picture of Kokichi and myself smiling.

"I haven't seen him. That's very unfortunate though, it seems as though you two were close." The man says, grabbing two glasses of water.

"Yes, it is. Where were you on the night of April twelveth, around nine?" I ask, my poker face on. The man looks down the corridor at the small closet on the right hand side.

"I was at home. I was already asleep because I knew I had a busy day at work. I couldn't be late." The man explains, wearing his poker face as well.

"Where do you work?" I ask. The man's eyes continue flickering between me and that closet.

"Hope's peak. I'm a professor there."

Rantaro's eyes narrow at the man. "I'm a professor there too, and I don't recall ever seeing you."

"I'm new there." The man replies, staring at the closet.

"Sir, I'm gonna need to search your house. If you don't let me, I'll arrest you for the kidnapping of Kokichi Ouma anyways." I say, standing up. The man stands up as well before grabbing a knife.

"Shuichi!" Rantaro screams as the man throws the knife. I jerk my head to the left, the knife landing on the wall behind me. I keep a straight face to stay intimidating, but now I'm nervous.

"Rantaro, cuff him." I tell Rantaro as he grabs the man, tackling him to the floor. The man has no chance against Rantaro. He has the most muscles out of everyone I know.

Rantaro and the man's voices fade out as I walk to the closet. I fling the door open to see Kokichi with tears flowing out of his eyes. His hands are zip tied together, and there's tape over his mouth.

"Kokichi." My voice cracks as tears pour out of my eyes. I pull the tape off of his mouth, and cut the zip ties. Kokichi clings onto me, crying.

"Sh-Shuichi." He whimpers, gripping my shirt. His clothes are torn, and his scarf is missing. I lift him up, crying.