Chapter 31- Released (Eric Singer-Sixx POV)

A/N: Finally we see cracks in the armor...the relative calm before the storm....the seeds are sown.

Today is the day I am finally being released from the hospital and I admit I am very glad to go home. I am also itching to get out and do something, ANYTHING even go thru a drive thru. I'm currently in the process of being discharged and my husband is running around gathering my stuff and I am still laying on the hospital bed. I am super-hungry but super tired and I need food, but God I REALLY want to sleep. Nikki finally quits rushing around, has everything put into my bag and proceeds to help me up and carefully puts me in a wheelchair.

"Here, I got you kitten! I love you.", Nikki kisses me and boy can he kiss! It's always like the first time...always. I sigh blissfully, but then get quiet for a moment.

"Where's Frankie?", I snap at Nikki suddenly very irritated. Nikki flinches slightly from my tone and sighs and I immediately feel guilty and start to cry.

"Whoa, whoa...Eric...Kitten it's ok! She's waiting downstairs with Lee & TC. And I was thinking, and I already talked to Vince & Mick, um Frankie could stay with them for a week or so. And I am going to take her over there tomorrow. That way I could take care of you and just you & I spend time together.", Nikki is on his knees looking up at me, those green eyes of his shining brilliantly. How I love his eyes! But again, I find myself agitated.

"Why the hell didn't you ask me if that was ok?!" I snapped once again unable to stop and I tried to jerk my hands away, but Nikki held fast to them.

"Eric, I didn't want you to have to worry about anything! And too I just wanted us to spend time together. I didn't do this to be mean or anything. I love you, ok?"

"Oh, I am SO sorry Sixxy! These mood swings are SO terrible!", I wailed. I can't keep doing this to my husband! True, part of me can't help it...but then too I feel like I am starting to take out my frustration on Nikki. I am just such a mess! I am such a huge burden to my family....

"Kitten? You've gotten awfully quiet what's wrong?", Nikki sounds so concerned and it takes me a moment to realize we are in motion as he seems to be wheeling me towards the front entrance where I assume the car is brought around and Lee & TC are waiting with our daughter: Frankie. I can't tell him, I can't...it will just hurt his feelings.

"I'm fine, just mood swings Nikki. Really!", I said it and it sounds fake even to my ears and Nikki's response.... he's not buying it.

"Eric, I know you. This is more than just mood swings. Something is wrong. Please, please tell me even if it hurts."

"Nikki, I don't want to hurt you. You don't deserve that...", I sigh. Getting closer and closer to the entrance now, all the while our four unborn children are squirming around.

"Eric Doyle Mensinger-Sixx, I told you can always tell me anything even if you hurt my feelings. I want you to be honest with me. I could never hate you; I love you truly no matter what. Now please Kitten.", Uh-oh my husband just full named me, but I can tell from his tone he's worried, maybe I should just be honest.... Nikki pauses in pushing my wheelchair and comes around to face me, once more getting on his knees...from my vantage point I can see Lee, TC & Frankie waiting, but they seem not to realize what's going on.

"I just.... Nikki, I can't keep doing this to you! I'm taking out my frustrations on you! No, it's not just mood swings. I feel like such a huge burden on you! On our family, you deserve someone better than me.", I whispered looking down at my swollen belly where our children are squirming around.

"Eric, Kitten look at me please.", I venture to look at him and Nikki's eyes are shiny with tears, "You're not a burden! You've never been a burden...could never be one! There is NO one better than you. For the first time in my life, I have a true partner someone I want to take care of no matter what. You mean everything to me! I love you! If I could take away your pain I would, I would die for you!" And with that he kisses me, and I taste the combined salt of our tears.

Before I know it, Nikki, Frankie, and I are home (as Lee & TC Dropped us off) and Nikki and Frankie, both help me upstairs and get me settled. I am utterly exhausted, but hungry too.... maybe if I can stay awake long enough...Nikki kisses me before he heads downstairs to get something to bring me to eat before I try & get sleep.

"Momma? I know you sad, you  not burden! I love you! I cheer up!" If this doesn't get me misty.

"Oh Frankie, sweetheart! I love you too! Your like daddy, you always make me feel better. Now be careful but come up here and hug me! And feel your brothers & or sisters move. It feels like having a school of fish in my belly!", I smile at her and she quickly but carefully climbs up the bed and gives me a gentle hug and places her little hands on my swollen belly feeling the babies within move.

"Ooh, this so cool.... Wait does it hurt Momma?", Frankie asks.

"No Frankie Angel, its just really uncomfortable sometimes. But see? Your like daddy, you have this way of calming them. You're already a good big sister and daddy? He is the best husband I could ever ask for. I love him so much! I love you so much! And I love these babies so much!", I'm crying at this point and Frankie looks misty herself as she continues to rub my belly when I hear from the doorway...

"I feel the same way about you Eric and our children. Now, here I brought you some melon and some ham and something to drink and then you my love need to rest."

I nod smiling at my husband and his eyes are soft, he sits at my unoccupied side and helps me eat what he brought me and the babies within me move almost happily and that makes me happy. After while Frankie, goes to her room but not before hugging me carefully and kissing my belly four times, one kiss for each baby.

Then Nikki and I are alone....

"Nikki? Will you stay with me? Please Sixxy?"

"Oh Kitten, of course I will! And you never have to ask me to stay. Never. I love you.", Nikki smiles and strokes my face gently and then kisses me and I smile into it. "Now sleep Kitten, I'll be here always." And I close my eyes and begin to drift off but before I am fully asleep comes the thought...

I feel this is the calm before the storm. I was at least somewhat honest with Nikki, but I just really want to get out of the house and see something, ANYTHING besides these walls. Maybe I can talk Nikki into taking me to a drive-thru tomorrow? I am just such a mess! I don't feel like I am thinking straight...no not at all...Though I heard what the doctor said, bed rest and wait a couple days at least before even going to a drive thru....

Finally, I give in fully to sleep.

A/N: Ah, the calm before the storm. Eric isn't thinking clearly and is frustrated and just is desperate to do ANYTHING and Nikki just wants his husband to do what he is supposed to and protect him....