Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

"Okay well how about we promise to have this conversation when things get serious?" I suggested.

"Okay I agree." We ate and we talked and laughed. I tried my best to keeo those pestering thoughts about Jasmine behind me. But I appreciated he knew and understood my struggle. Twenty minutes later we got into his car and I forgot all about Chris and Kim I'm not even sure when they left.

"You want to go get ice cream?" He said making a right turn into the ice cream parlor. I nodded with a cheesy smile on my face. He chuckled at me expression.

We sat down in the retro style ice cream shop. The full shop was decorated with white,pink and yellow. The waitress wore a 50's style get up and so did the waiter. The blonde waitress took our order and we paitently waited.

"I've never been here." I confessed.

"I've been here at least a million times." He chuckled. I loved to see him smile it always had me weak in the knees.

"So...you live with?" I asked.

"My cousin and I are roommates."

"I need to meet this cousin of yours he is something else. Getting you gifts while under strict supervision." I said curiously.

"He's my best friend."

"That's sweet. I haven't talked to my best friend in a long time. Would she still be considered  best friend?" I asked out loud.

"I think she would. But y'all both have a lot to talk about if its been that long."

"Yeah."

"So do you live alone?" My eyes met his and I blushed. Is he going to try to come over?

"Yeah. I've been living on my own since my mom died."

"How has it been?"

"A struggle. So glad I have a job. I have to pay someone back for paying my bills while I was away."

"That's nice of him." He said looking straight at me. What does that suppose to mean? He knows it was Chris?

"Um okay." I said Looking away.

"What? I'm sorry. Am I assuming or am I right?" He asked smartly.

"You want to get into this now? Or would you like to pretend were having a good time?" I snapped back.

"You still love him?" He said boldly. It took me by surprise I thought he would snap at me back.

"No." I said weakly.

"Doesn't sound convincing to me." He thanked the waitress for bringing our orders but my face was stuck on his. Is he serious?

"Do you love Jasmine?" I snapped back.

"No." He said taking a spoonful of his ice cream. I folded my arms and I was getting mad.

"You didn't answer my question." He licked his spoon. Ugh he knew what he was doing but I didnt understand it.

"I did answer you." I said coldly.

"Truthfully." He leaned forward.

"Okay I have love for him but I'm in love with him." I confessed.

"Okay. Now your being honest." He smirked.

"Okay I thought we agreed to not talk about this."

"We agreed to not talk about it until we take our relationship serious."