67 ↝ Meant To Fucking Be

Start from the beginning

"Don't underestimate Celia." Alex laughs as Celia walks away with their things. I steer them towards the living room, where I know my mother is.

Lilly and Milo are playing with a ball on the floor by the couch, paying little attention as we enter. Mom looks up from her book and immediately gets to her feet, walking over with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Oh my! I wasn't expecting you to arrive so soon." Mom smiles at Alec and Stefan, and I'm not surprised when they smile at her back. My mom has that aura to her, the kind that assures you that she's pleasant and warm right from the second you meet her.

They exchange names and greetings, Stefan and my mom immediately diving into conversation as everyone moves to the couches. Alex and I end up sharing the loveseat, and I lay my hand gently on hers, giving it a squeeze. My way of silently saying that this is going well.

She squeezes back, agreeing with me.

Lilly finally notices our guests, taking immediate interest in Alec. In just a few minutes, she's on his lap laughing about something he's teasing her about.

A few more minutes of talking, and my mom insists that our guests wash up and rest before dinner. Alex and I show Alec and Stefan to their separate rooms, before finally dragging my girlfriend to my bedroom so I can have a moment alone with her.

Alex slumps onto my bed, and I climb in with her, snuggling her to my body. Her fingers trace the tattoos on my arms as I nuzzle her hair, inhaling lungfuls of her sweet scent.

"They warmed up pretty quickly." She says, pressing a kiss to my thumb.

"Yeah, they did." I smile into her hair. "More signs we're meant to fucking be."

Her small body rumbles against mine as she laughs, leaning up to kiss my mouth. "My dad likes you."

"Really?"

Alex nods, strands of her chocolate hair falling over her forehead. "He doesn't smile like that at every guy."

I can't help the stupid fucking grin that takes over my face. "That's a relief. I like him too."

"Oh? You want me to set you up?" She teases, her eyes twinkling. A rush of warmth floods into my chest at the sight of it.

"Damn it, how did you figure? Dating you was just a plan to get to your dad. He's incredibly attractive."

"Hunter!"

✢ ✢ ✢

"This is absolutely brilliant." Alec hums, his eyes almost rolling back into his head as he takes another bite of his Alfredo. "You are an amazing cook."

Celia smiles happily as she pours some more wine into Stefan's glass. "Merci, Mr. Alec."

"Pasta is my favorite food too!" Lilly chimes in from her seat that she insisted on having next to Alec, swirling her fork in her spaghetti.

She then starts to list her favorite types of pasta, and Stefan and Alec listen to her like it's the most interesting thing in the world. The two of them are amazing with my sister and mother, getting along with them like they've known us for ages.