67 ↝ Meant To Fucking Be

Start from the beginning

Alex smiles, kissing my cheek. "Don't worry, love. Dad already loves you."

A small pressure lifts from my chest, and I nuzzle her neck. "Good. Because I don't plan on letting his daughter go, ever."

My girlfriend's smile only widens, and she pokes my nose affectionately. Over the span of few weeks that we've been together, it's become obvious that the two of us love touching each other. From innocent gestures like poking noses and tugging hair, to more heated ones like slipping hands under clothes.

The innocent ones come mostly from her, and the latter is more from me, because Alex is still quite shy when it comes to PDA. Either way, we're like magnets, if we're within close proximity, we will stick together somehow.

And I fucking love it.

I roll off bed, tugging her with me. "Come on, let's go before Lilly comes and drags us off bed."

✢ ✢ ✢

"Hunter Triton. I've heard lots about you."

I'm praying that my hand is not fucking sweaty as I extend it to shake Alex's father's hand.

The man standing in front of me is almost as tall as I am, thick wavy brown hair, bright green eyes and olive skin that Alex clearly inherited from him. He looks young, and honestly, pretty handsome for his age.

I notice the way his maroon button up fits him well, snugly hugging thick biceps and broad shoulders. The Greek features in him stand out sharply, and I see the similarities between the son, daughter and father.

Swallowing my nervousness, I plaster on a smile. "Hey Mr. Rose."

Alex's father rolls his eyes, a grin forming on his mouth, along with a dimple on his left cheek. "Oh please, son. Call me Stefan."

His warm smile immediately puts me at ease, and I feel my shoulders sag sat relief a little. "Sure. Can I grab that for you?"

"Yes, thank you," He replies as I make a move to grab his carryon. Alec greets me next, thumping me on the shoulder like we've known each other for years.

The easy, friendly attitude that Alec and Stefan are extending towards me relax me a ton, and I mentally thank whoever the fuck is up there for that. Even though they're warming up to me already, I'm still tense. They mean a lot to Alex, and it's important to me that they like me and trust me with her.

Alex follows right behind her dad and brother, a smile on her face as she watches me walk up the stairs leading to our front door with them. I shoot her a discreet wink just before turning around to push open the front door.

"You have a great place here, mate." Alec nods approvingly, his gaze looking around and taking everything in. "Brilliant."

"Thanks, my mom had a hand in designing the place." I throw a smile as I lead them inside, showing them where to stow away their jackets.

Celia immediately hurries to us, and after some quick introductions, she offers to take the suitcases up to the guest bedrooms because they'll be staying here for tonight. Alec and Stefan refuse, but finally give in after Celia keeps insisting.