☆Friendly Broken Hearts☆

9/17/20, 15:34

Talking to their close friends, Y/N realized they didn't love Dream the way they wanted to. Dream was their best friend, a friend they could count on no matter the circumstance.

Y/N couldn't bear the thought of hurting him, so they decided to do it over text - knowing they'd probably cry if in person.

Clay ⚡️🧡🥰

Today at 15:34

Clay I like really need to talk to you

What's wrong? Did I do something?
Can I come over?

You didn't do anything, and yes you can come over

Ok I'll be there soon, have the door unlocked?

I will
Read at 15:35

__________

That was a change of plans, but whatever. So long as Y/N got to say the thoughts on their mind it'd be ok.

Within minutes Clay pulled into the driveway and entered Y/N's house, seeing them sitting in the living room.

He moved over where they were and sat on the couch, facing them. Y/N took and breath and began saying what they'd been rehearsing in their head.

"Clay, I love you, I really do. I just- I think I love you more as a friend than a boyfriend, you know?" Y/N said, they paused, looking at Dream for any sign of sadness.

"... that's what I was going to talk to you about soon. I love you more in a "That's my best friend I'll love unconditionally until the day I die" than the "that's my partner, yes we kiss and stuff"." Dream said chuckling a bit.

Y/N smiled at the fact he was joking about it, they laughed a bit. "So we're still friends?" Y/N asked.

"Of course." Dream answered, "c'mere."

He brought them in for a hug, kissing the top of their head as he rubbed their shoulder with his thumb, his hand resting on the lower part of their shoulder.

"I love you." Y/N mumbled from the crook of Dream's neck. "Love you too. Hey, wanna watch the walking dead?" He asked.

"Of fucking course I do! We could start from the beginning again... since we did finish the series last week." Y/N said, moving away from his neck and instead resting their head on his shoulder.

"Ohhh right, right." Dream chuckled, "I still don't think my sleep schedule recovered from that."

"Mine neither, not that I had one in the first place but." Y/N joked. The two continued to joke around, completely forgetting about the events that had happened before.

After a couple hours, Dream had to leave. So y/n led him to the door and wished him well.

Clay ⚡️🧡🥰

And btw I won't be upset if you get together with Wilbur, you two would be a great couple :)

What!!
He's only my friend, what are you talking about???