chapter 102 ~ 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔

En başından başla

       Yura smacked his hand down on the closet door and leaned in close. "Keep quiet in there," he whispered fiercely. "Or it's your head next time."

       With no reply from within, he made his way back to the door and cracked it open to peer out at the man on his front step. "Can I help you, officer?"

       "Got a call about a domestic disturbance from one of your neighbors."

      Fuckin', Ara, Yura bit back. Can't mind your damn business...

     "Domestic disturbance?"

      "Yes. Have you or...anyone else been making some unnecessary racket in the past few hours?"

      Yura paused, picking apart his words wisely in his head. "No, not really. I was messing around with some stuff in my cabinets earlier and it fell on the floor; it might've been that." He offered a shy shrug for good measure.

     "Yuh-huh..." The officer jabbed his tongue at the inside of his cheek as he sized up the man before him quietly. "I'm sorry, I didn't get your name. I'm Officer Park."

      "Min Yura."

       Yura could've sworn that he saw Officer Park's lip twitch but blinked extra hard to rid himself of his nervous jitters. No one should know that Yumin was here specifically; Yoongi could blabble all he liked to the police, but without his address, there was no way of getting to him. At least not so soon, anyway.

      "So, it's just you by yourself tonight, Mr. Min?"

      "Yes, just me."

       "I'm sorry to disturb you then. If it's just you, then whatever business you were tending to before, I'll let you return-"

       A knock sounded behind him from down the hall and Yura froze. He didn't dare risk a glance over his shoulder, already knowing that the sound came from the closet at the end of the hall no more than 30 paces away. Yura blinked across at Officer Park who stared at him blankly, sniffling from the cold wind as he tapped his foot upon the cement underfoot. The knock sounded again, this time slightly louder, and Yura cursed Yumin a million times over in his head as he fisted the doorknob, out of view, with trembling hands.

       "You sure it's just you?" Officer Park asked again. "No pets or nothin'."

       "No pets, sir. Rats, but no pets." He chuckled, but Park seemed unphased.

      Yura felt the breath hitch in his throat, slowly beginning to shut the door as he bid fairwell on a low breath before the man before him jammed his foot in the way.

_

      I could hear another voice from outside. His was lower than Yura's, droning on without any emotion. I slammed my hand yet again down on the door to grab his attention, not caring what Yura would do to me if I was caught, and all went quiet. My breath drowned out everything until I heard him speak again, asking if there was anyone else in the house. Yura mentioned something like rats, mice maybe, and began to bid farewell to the man on his doorstep. I felt my heart begin racing at the thought of him slipping away without knowing I was inside and began to call out. Words wouldn't register in the back of my throat, and a strange, gargled cry fell from my lips instead. I tried again, probably sounding like a strangled crow to the two men outside my door, but I was desperate to catch the stranger's attention.