16

________________

There was a war in Loki's mind. After the time Aria spent on Asgard, he'd grown to enjoy her company. He'd miss her raised brow when he made a playful remark, and how her eyes brightened a little when she thought about something she liked or even loved. His determination to find her however was countered by another side. The side that had caused this power-hungry mania. It argued constantly that she was only a human, she belonged on earth. She was annoying as hell, and that a king has no time for mere humans. For Odin's sake he hadn't even known her that long.
But then again these feelings changed as he remembered what she said to Heimdall,

'At first I couldn't think of anything else but escaping. But now? There's nowhere i'd rather be than with him.'

This was all so confusing..

Meanwhile as loki battled with his thoughts, Aria grunted as she once again hit the ground with a thud. Training with Steve wasn't as fun as she'd expected.

"Aria look, I'm sure you're very skilled with your magic," Steve said, Aria picked at her left hand, something she hadn't done since she'd been on Asgard, and shifted her eyes away.

The truth was, she was scared of using her magic in front of the avengers. What if they see that she's actually not that experienced and frankly clumsy, and they tell her she's not cut out for the team. What would she do then? Jane still thought she was dead, Asgard was practically unreachable and she didn't even want to think about going back to London.

The thought of Asgard brought her mind back to Loki. Her astral projection had completely thrown her off all week and she felt drained. Then again, she hoped it happened again. She could see Loki again and tell him she was okay, also find out if he was okay.

Aria was unaware of Loki's constant pacing around the palace. he hadn't noticed how empty it was until everyone he enjoyed being around was gone.

Her attention was soon snapped back to Steve as he continued his sentence.
"I mean, if you want just this one time, you can use your powers. But the point of this is to increase your physical strength and stamina."

"Sorry what?" She said,

"Hit me with your powers, it'll be a challenge for me" he chuckled,
"Show me what you've got kid."

Aria paused for a second nervously, before closing her eyes and visualising that familiar energy flow through her body, and out towards her hand. She reached it back and pushed it forwards gently the next second.
She heard a blast and opened her eyes with a jolt.

Steve had just hit the floor with great force. He looked up in complete shock for a second then looked back down to check his lower abdomen.

"I think that's enough for today" he grunted as he lifted himself from the ground and stood fairly straight.

"Steve I'm sorry.." Aria said, stepping forward a little. What was that? She didn't mean to throw him as hard as she meant, just enough to push him back.

"It's fine, maybe a little less power next time though" he smiled a little bit, and walked over to get his kit.
He smiled once again before exiting the training studio.

Aria couldn't help but feel an immense feeling of guilt as yet another pit formed in her stomach.

"Suit up Dean," Natasha yelled through the door at 7am, which didn't shock Aria at all. She hadn't been sleeping well since her accident with Steve in the training room.

Heavy rain slammed against the window as she mindlessly got changed into one of the black leather unitards, and exited her room.
Catching Natasha in her field of vision, Aria made her way over to her.