Re-wedding?

~Mary Jay~

The rest of the week went by surprisingly smooth other than when Easton and I had tutoring. He continued badgering me about what to wear and how much he didn't want to go with me to Mrs. Rivera's wedding.

I didn't even ask him to come. It was simply forced upon me by the Gods who, for some ridiculous reason, wants us around one another.

Morons.

I stood in my dorm room rushing to grab everything. We were already a little late and Easton was just sitting there, staring at me running around like a headless chicken.

"Phone. . Bag, money, jacket, invite.. Invite!" I whipped around to Easton who was leaned against my door frame calmly, "Do you have the invite tickets?"

He shrugged.

"That's not an answer, you freak!"

He laughed hoarsely before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out two invite cards.

I sighed, relaxing my shoulders. "Dimwit."

"That's me, baby."

I scrunched up my face, "Ew, I thought I told you about saying that."

He mocked my expression, "Right."

I pushed everything into the tote bag I'd been packing for what seemed like a decade now.

Packing still wasn't my strong suit.

"You should put shorts on under your dress." Easton called out with faint amusement lingering in his tone.

I sighed frustratedly, turning around quickly. "What?"

"When you lean over. . well, your dress-"

"Okay! No need to go into detail, I'll just wear a cardigan."

"What if you get hot?" He was was deliberately aggravating me now.

"I'm always hot, you idiot. I was born in Georgia."

"It was just a suggestion."

"A freaking stupid one," I hauled my bag over my shoulder before turning around and looking in the mirror.

"You look fine, now please hurry up." He rushed.

I scoffed and looking at him from head to toe, "I look way more than just fine. Thanks though."

He rolled his eyes but a small smirk played on his corners of his lips.

"I'm just gonna write a quick note to Feya and then we can head out."

"Why can't you just text her?"

"Easton, let me do what I need to do and hush."

I quickly wrote up a quick note before placing it on Feya's laptop and mentally checking I had everything. Once I was finally ready, Easton groaned impatiently as I pushed him out the door.

We rushed through the hallways considering there was no way I'd show up late. Frankly, it probably looked like a scene from a coming of age movie; Easton in his suit and me in the light blue silk dress I'd ordered just for the occasion.

We reached the front desk where Mrs. Harp sat, looking as adorable and elderly as she could be.

Once she noticed us, her face lit up and her eyes followed.