#Sarcasm

~Mary Jay~

"So, is that a yes?"

"I don't know, Jax."

"But you said you would-"

"Consider it. I said I would consider it, and right now, you're pushing your luck." I rolled my eyes, tiredly.

"I just wanna take you out for lunch, not marry you."

"Yeah, well one thing leads to another. Haven't you heard that one lullaby- blah and blah sitting in a tree, k-i-ss-i-n-"

"That's a lullaby, this is real life. I'm trying to be a good guy." He pleaded.

"I don't like good guys."

"Let me change your-"

"Absolutely not." I cut off.

Jax slouched down in his seat. I'm guessing he's made the chair next to me his permanent seat, much to my demise. He wouldn't let the conversation die; I was just trying to pay attention in math but he just couldn't forget about my deal to consider this lunch.

I said consider,  people! And we never shook on it.

"I'll pay for it and everything! Please?" He sounded desperate. Gross.

"I don't need you to." I sighed.

"But I want to! I promise you won't regret it."

"Jax-"

"Just say yes. I won't bother you any longer."

I put my elbows on the desk and began massaging my temples. Maybe if I just go with him this once, he'll leave me alone. I mean. . it is free food.

No, Mary Jay, that's wrong. You can't just use him for his food and money.

Well, on second thought, that's what people like Jax are for. .

Pft, who am I kidding, it'll probably be more than once.

"Jax, whatever the hell your last name is, if I agree to go to this stupid lunch with you, you will leave me alone afterwards, understood?"

A second of silence went by as if he were pondering my words.

He perked up and his eyes widened, "Alright, deal. And it's Ford, by the way."

"I really don't care." I mumbled to myself.

+++

"And you agreed?" Beck asked, writing something down in her composition notebook.

"I just want the kid to get whatever this is out of his system. I mean, he doesn't even know my last name." I looked at the projector board and continued writing the science notes down.

"Maybe it's love at first sight. Or maybe he's a serial killer who loves to chase!"

I gasped dramatically, "Oh, I would hope not. Then, I'd have to castrate him manually."

Beck snorted and Mr. Rogers glanced over at us, "Are you ladies taking your notes?"

We both held up our notebooks and smiled brightly. He shook his head amusingly and went back to his laptop.

"What time is your dance recital this Saturday?"

"Six, I think. I'll check with Ms. Lara though." I finished up the last few words of the notes.

"Are you gonna invite him?" Beck nudged my arm and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Who? Jax?"

"No, Jack Spartan. Duh, Jax!"