We Are Who We Are

A/N: *the picture to the right is what i picture Emme to look like! enjoy! :)

Emme's P.O.V.

 “Yeeaaaaah, yeeaaaaah

 Take you to another world

I'll lift you up, I'll never stop”

As Louis and Zayn sang those last lines of the song on the radio, my best friend Taylor and I laughed as we sang along to one of our favorite bands, One Direction. See, we aren't the greatest singers out there but we also aren't terrible. If we had some serious vocal coaching up here in Thunder Bay, Ontario we could TOTALLY be huge stars! Just Kidding. I'm definitely not one of those snotty, stuck up blondes like everybody thinks. I know that I definitely come off as one, it's just because of how gorgeous I am (so I've been told, again NOT cocky!).

I've known my best friend here, Taylor Swanson, since grade eight! I used to live in a small town about 5 hours from here in “T-bay” as everyone calls it, but my parents got divorced, so I moved up here to stay with my dad (what can I say, I LOVE my mom to death, but I'm a total daddy's girl). I can completely remember the first time I met her, it was in gym class and we were starting our volleyball unit (OMG do I EVER love sports). What.., I love my sports, sue me! I am Canadian, eh?! ;) but anyways, I'm getting off track. Okay, so.. As I was saying before I rudely interrupted myself, we were playing volleyball, and there was this one girl named Carly who was the complete “Queen Bee” that every school has. Now SHE was the stereotypical snotty blonde bimbo who thought she was the shit. Boy did she fry our onions.

It just so happened that I wasn't the only one who was totally disgusted by her at first glance, so was Taylor, and lucky for us we were put on the same team. Now, I am not a violent person, at all, but something snapped in me that day and it was completely unexpected. I had gone through elementary school with Carly and new what she was all about, the ball just came soaring at me and I spiked it right at her prissy face. Taylor was just so amazed at how I blew it off like it was no big deal, not even worrying about what she would do to my social status. She started talking to me when Carly saw us and assumed we had planned it, and from that day on, we were both labeled the losers in that school (even though we secretly knew we were with all the crazy stuff we got into). We've been best “loser” friends ever since! *cue the smiles :)*

A few years later or so, we began to watch this show called The X-Factor. It was full of amazing performers, especially our boys, One Direction. We, along with everyone watching, had the biggest feeling they were going to take it all the way! But surprisingly, they got voted out in the semi-final round *cue the tears :'(* I was SO glad to hear Zayn say they'd be sticking together and we would be hearing from them again. And soon enough, Simon Cowell had signed them to his label, EEP! So amaZAYN - see what I did there ;)? Don't get me wrong either, I am not some crazed fan like other girls, neither is Taylor. We are the typical “they're-music-is-amazing-and-they-are-CUTE” type of fans. We wouldn't scream, faint, nor cry in their presence. We are pretty chill when it comes to meeting celebrities; like after senior year of high school! We took a trip to California and we ended up running into Josh Hutcherson! So.Damn.SEXY! *definitely just fangirled over here* So if we ever met the boys, it would be pretty cool :)

About a week ago though, we had just found out that in July, in Minneapolis, which is like a 5 hour drive from here to there, across the U.S. Border, we had finally gotten our chance at something amazing. To See ONE DIRECTION! And little did we know that this small innocent trip, could change our lives possibly forever...