I Wish That Was Me

Start from the beginning

"That's a big step, Jennie. You two deserve each other. Go and follow what you believe in."

"You're n-not mad?"

"Why would I be mad? He has shown you and the rest of us that he is worthy to gain everyone's trust specially yours. I know he'll take good care of you and I never doubted your decisions, not once."

I see tears flowing down on your cheeks. But they weren't sadness, they were tears of happiness. I just wanted to yell and professed my deep feelings for you at that moment. I wanted to change your mind and stay with me and give me a chance but I didn't. I hid the pain and give you a reassuring hug that I'm happy with the news even though I'm not.

How I wish I could be selfish and not be a stupid coward.

I replayed the events that happened that night. It still hurts as hell. I couldn't accept it but there's nothing I could do. I was too late and I felt my heart twist in pain. I hastily stood up startling the couple. I looked at you and gave an apologetic smile. How I wish I was the one holding your hand.

"Rosie-"

"I remembered something I left at home. I need to go, I'm sorry for the disturbance."

I didn't wait for your reply and proceed to walk away with rapid steps. I didn't know where I was going but I only have one goal. That was to get far away from you. It's too much. You're making everything harder for me to stay around. I stopped walking as I felt tears pouring out and I just let it be.

One

I crouched down as my vision starts to blur.

Two

I started to have a hard time breathing.

Three

I put my hand on my chest as the pain magnified.

"Chae, relax and breathe with me..."

That voice......is so soothing.

I felt someone's touch on my shoulder. That simple touch made me tone down the panic inside me and obeyed her request. As I finally have relaxed myself, I realized that the touch feels foreign and familiar at the same time. I took a look at the person above me and I immediately smiled.

"Joohyun...."

"Hi, Chae. It's been awhile." She offered her hand for me to take which I gratefully complied. "I thought I wasn't gonna see you until graduation day." I said as she dusted off whatever dirt she can find in my clothes even though there was none. "Well, I completed the tasks in my job a little too early and was given a long vacation so now, I'm back." She grabbed my hand and led me to her car.

"You're always the first one to finish in everything." I chuckled remembering the times she took part in sports activities. "I don't want to waste time so why slack off?" As we got inside the car, she faced me with concern written in her expression. "I heard about Jennie. Are you okay, Chae? You never told me you've been having panic attacks again."

Bae Joohyun. The step sister of Jennie Kim. She refused to be a Kim as she doesn't want her father's last name to be taken away from her and the family accepted her decision. She's also a close friend of mine who I look up to a lot. That's why I wasn't bothered by the fact that she knew how to calm me down and took care of me afterwards. She knew everything and that includes my feelings for the said brunette and my breakdowns. I always have been honest to her since she was the only one I could trust with regarding to these matters.

Chaennie OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara