Part 23

The pain was finally going away and I'm more aware of my surroundings

The pain was finally going away and I'm more aware of my surroundings. I looked up from where I was kneeling and I saw Sebastian staring at me intently. "You know staring is rude," my throat felt like I swallowed glass.

"Jade?" He said my name with so much fear.

"Bucky?" I grinned at him.

Sebastian face dropped. "Oh man," I heard Anthony exclaim, "it didn't work!"

"Why are dressed like Bucky Barnes," I said as Chris gave me a cup of water. "Or I should say The Winter Solider."

"Wait," Sebastian regained some hope, "you know who I am?"

I looked at him and he had tears in his blue eyes. "Uh, yeah." I looked around at Chris and Anthony trying to get of what's going on. "Okay, guys what's going on? Why are you all dressed up like the Marvel characters?" Sebastian grabbed me into a tight hug. "I know I'm super strong but that arm hurts."

Sebastian let me go, "I'm sorry. You have no idea how much I've missed you," he whispered in my ear.

"If you're done feeling up my sister," I heard Jared say. "It's time for her and I to catch up." I looked up and there he was standing over us with his hand out. I looked at his hand for the longest time and then I slowly stood up without taking it.

I felt angry, angry that he took grandpa from me. Then I kicked him right in the chest. Jared went flying into the wall and fell to the ground with a loud thump. The men of Marvel stood in front of me as if they can stop me. "That was for grandpa!" I yelled at Jared.

I heard Jared grunt and he got up rubbing his chest. "I get it, I deserve that."

He stepped in front of the guys. Then I punched him and he fell to the ground. "And that," I crouched down to him, "is for shooting me." Then I extended my hand to him and pulled him up.

Jared wiped off some blood from his lip, "It's great to have you back little sister." Then he pulled me into a hug.

"Well that was dramatic," Anthony broke the silence.

"So what do you remember," Sebastian asked hesitantly.

"I remember everything. We got captured by Hydra, which by the way I need to thank Mr. Donovan for that Winter Solider experience."

Everyone chuckled, "Yup," Anthony spoke up, "she's back."

I pulled Sebastian a side, "Thank you for everything. I know it must've been hard dealing with me thinking you were a fictional character."

Sebastian looked deep into my eyes, "I would do absolutely anything for you." He caressed my face with his metal hand. "I should take this off."

"You know, you should keep it," I said softly in his ear.