Part 18

Fury is always cryptic and I expected nothing less from him

Fury is always cryptic and I expected nothing less from him. He left right after telling me to trust the guys and made sure I wasn't going to start a fight. I went to the basement and worked out until Bucky came down with some food.

"Jade, you need to eat something." He sat down the tray and then looked at me for a full five seconds then he looked down, "I know you don't trust me but..." His words faded when he saw I was glaring at him.

"I don't even know what to call you. I'm pretty sure your name is not Bucky."

"Call me James if want." He gave me a small smile, "or Sargent James Barnes."

I gave him a small chuckle and then I got a flash of a memory, I think. It was Bucky dressed in his Army uniform and he was talking to a scrawny little guy. Then Bucky said something about going out before he left for the war. That must've been my grandfather. "Bucky," I said slowly, "can you tell me something about my grandfather?"

 "Bucky," I said slowly, "can you tell me something about my grandfather?"

"Only if you eat the sandwich Sam made you. It would hurt his fragile ego if you don't." He sat down across from me and I began to nibble on the food. "He was the bravest and most stubborn person I have ever met."

"How was he pre-serum?"

Bucky chuckled and got a far away look in his eyes, "He definitely didn't know how to walk away from a fight." He took a sip of water then continued, "Before I was sent out for the war we went to a fair and I lost track of Steve. When I found him he was going to enlist again for the sixth or so time."

As he spoke I could see everything playing out in my head. I felt like that I had actually seen it myself like a home movie or something. "Are you okay?" Bucky's voice brought me back from the fog of the memory.

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, it's just..." I don't know if I can trust him especially with my thoughts.

"Jade," he gently put his hand on mine and it felt familiar. "You can tell me anything."

"Um, I...I just felt like I could see everything. Like it was some kind of movie playing in my head."

Bucky nodded slowly, "Steve must have told you the story so many times that you can imagine it."