Part 22

I felt a very hard pillow beneath me and then I realized the pillow was breathing

I felt a very hard pillow beneath me and then I realized the pillow was breathing. I tried to move but the pillow held me tighter. I opened my eyes and saw  someone was beneath me sleeping. I wiggled out of his grip and ended up stirring him awake.

"Hey sweetheart," his voice was raspy and low, "how are you feeling?"

"Confused," I said in a small voice, "really really confused." I went to sit at the small desk in the room.

"What was the last thing you remember?"

"Waking up in this room."

"What else?"

"Nothing else," I looked up at him and he looked shocked.

"Wait, so do you remember who I am?" His voice sounded desperate and I wish I could help but I shook my head. He abruptly left the room then a second later he popped back in, "Please stay here."

I tried to search my mind for any kind of memory but I couldn't reach anything. Then the man came back with three very intimidating looking guys. I went to furthest corner of the room as in trying to hide from them.

I could feel myself panicking. I sat on the floor with knees to my chest and my forehead to my knees. "Jade," a deep voice whispered. Is that my name? "It's okay, you're safe here." Am I safe? I don't even know if I could believe anyone.

I slowly looked up and I clashed with the bluest eyes I have ever seen. Well since I can't remember anything, I don't think that can mean much. His eyes look sincere, I think. "Who are you," I whispered.

His lips turned down in a frown then his lips gave me a crooked smile, "I'm Sebastian. It's nice to meet you."

He stuck out his hand and I just stared, "Didn't I see a metal arm when you left?"

Sebastian looked down at his hand then back at me, "Oh yeah that was just a fake arm." I must have given him a confused look because he continued, "I promise this is my real arm."

I slowly put my hand in his hand and felt his warmth. I felt my hand tingle from his touch and spreading through my whole body. "Do I know you somehow?"

"Yeah, doll, you know me." He gave me another crooked smile, "you know those guys too." He pointed over his shoulder. I looked over and all three of them smiled. "We won't hurt you. We care about you."

I nodded my head and I allowed him to pull me up. The dirty blonde guy slowly walked up to me, he seems familiar. "Um, hi." His voices cracked a bit then he cleared his throat, "I'm Jared."

"I'm Chris," the tall very good looking guy next to him said.

"I'm Anthony," he pushed past Chris and Jared and developed me in a tight hug. I felt myself being stiff then allowed myself to relax and hug him back.