Seven

-Patrick's POV-

I caught Avery in my arms just before she hit the ground.

"Let's get back to the bus." Andy said.

I nodded at him and followed them back to the bus. As we got onto the bus, Pete closed the door behind us and I layed Avery down on the small, black leather couch in the front lounge.

I noticed that her right sleeve of her sweatshirt was torn and under the torn fabric layed a pink scar.

*I did that to her.* I thought as my fingers gently grazed the scar.

"Here." Pete handed me one of his hoodies.

I tore her sweatshirt off of her, with a single tear of the fabric and Pete helped me put his hoodie on her.

Laying her head gently back on the pillow, I walked over and sat on the bench at the small table. I sighed and my head fell into my hands.

"Don't worry man, she will be okay." I looked up, through the webs of my fingers and saw Joe sitting across from me.

"Yeah I know she will be okay. But, I didn't want her to end up like me." I rubbed the right side of my face and my hands fell onto the table.

"Well maybe she won't end up like you." Pete said, handing Joe a blood bottle, and pushed him closer to the wall, so he could sit on the bench.

"I scratched her, Pete." I said, and Andy tapped my shoulder, gesturing his hand, signaling me to move over so he can sit next to me.

"Yeah but there is a chance that she won't change." Andy said, taking a sip of his elixir.

I sighed and shook my head. *maybe there is a chance that she won't end up like me.* I thought to myself as I stared at the granite table top.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear or notice Pete and the others trying to get my attention.

Snapping out of my thoughts I looked at them, "I'm sorry what?"

"I said that we are a few minutes away from the arena." Pete said, as he got up and stretched.

"Oh okay." I mumbled as I slid off of the bench towards Andy.

I leaned over Avery and gently shook her shoulder.

"Avery, sweetie." I whispered.

She stirred and her eyes fluttered opened. Smiling up at me, and then yawned, she said, "hey Patrick."

"Do you want to stay here and rest or do you want to come and watch the show?" She blinked and looked around, as if she forgot where she was.

She shook her head and yawned, "I'm just going to stay here if that's okay with you."

I leaned in and kissed her, pulling away her brown eyes shiners with happiness, "see you later on tonight."

"Break a leg out there." she whispered as she layed her head back down onto the pillow. Within seconds, she was lightly snoring.

I smiled to myself as I walked off of the bus, following the guys to the back entrance to the arena.

We got dressed for the show, did your makeup, well Pete did his makeup and Joe, Andy and I warmed up.

Once I finished my warm up exercises, we got our instruments and walked out on stage.

<After the concert>

"Man that was the best show yet." Pete said, as he ran off the stage towards us. Sweat dripped from his forehead.

"That crowd is amazing, man I love playing in Chicago." Andy said, wiping his face with his towel.