"You think that's good enough?" Lucius questioned, squinting his eyes at her.

"I saw his mark" this seemed to have some kind of effect on the two Malfoy's, for their eyes widened slightly, "Karkaroff's. And Severus Snape! No wonder you don't badmouth him but all the other Professors. Is it not proof enough?"

"Believe whatever lies you want to-"

"Lucius" Narcissa said in a warning tone.

Lucius Malfoy was about to leave the room when Lia spoke up again, "It's not a lie. You know it! You're the one who keep apparating away and I know for sure because I know who put Harry's name in the cup. He needed Harry to be there for the ritual."

"You know?" Narcissa asked with a horrified expression.

"Barty Crouch Jr, tell me I'm wrong! Wasn't he the one who the dark Lord had sent to Hogwarts? Disguised as Moody" Lia turned towards her godmother with pleading eyes, "He's the one who stunned me when I was on my way to Dumbledore's office, before the third task, I wanted to tell him about the imposter. Barty was the one to turn Draco into a ferret because of uncle Lucius!"

Draco had now joined the three, standing near the door.

"What" Narcissa held a hand up to her mouth.

"You could've ruined it" Lucius snapped at Lia, making Narcissa look at him with disbelief.

"Ruined it?! Lucius that's.... what are you saying? He stunned her and you care about how this could've stopped him from returning?" She asked in a slightly raised and sharp voice.

Sighing, Lucius Malfoy sat down on the sofa chair, as Draco, Lia and Narcissa stood over him with questioning eyes.

"I didn't mean that" he looked at his soulmate.

"Father how-" but before anything could turn into a more heated argument, Lia intervened.

"I don't want to argue. All I'm saying is I don't want to lose anyone anymore" she said in a cold voice.

"We're all in league with the dark Lord, he would make things better for us Purebloods" Lucius said with a determined expression.

"Better for us? Better for us?" Narcissa asked with an incredulous expression.

"The last time I heard that I lost a sister, Lucius!"

"She betrayed your family by going-"

"And I would've done the same had you not been a pureblood. But what does this speak about you?" She looked hurt.

"Mother" Draco whispered softly.

Lucius looked at Narcissa with hurt and worry, "I must've done something wrong for you to doubt my love. But I can assure you- I. Would've. Done. The. Same."

There was a long pause before Draco spoke up.

"So it is true? He has returned?" His voice was low.

"Yes" Lia and Lucius said in sync.

Narcissa and Lucius looked at Lia with a worried expression.

"But you cannot tell-"

"I won't. I'm not ever ratting out on people I consider family. Be it you or Remus. But don't you see? His return has only complicated things more! Where do people like me? Who do not want to be a part of the dark nor light go? According to your dark Lord Voldermot- we die."

"No one's dying" Narcissa and Lucius said firmly, looking at each other.

"Sounds difficult to me" Lia sighed.

-

Lia sat in the room that Narcissa said will be hers now, for whenever she comes over, staring outside the window.

After the argument, Lia realised it was futile trying to show Lucius that the dark Lord meant no good.

But at least one thing was clear, family meant more to the purebloods occupying the Manor over anything else.

The door to her room opened softly, as Narcissa stepped in.

Moving towards Lia.

"You should be in bed" she said softly, standing in front of her.

"Couldn't sleep" the young girl replied tiredly, as a small yawn escaped her mouth.

"Hmm, c'mon" Narcissa led the girl to the bed, tucking her in and sitting beside her, stroking her head.

"I never told you how proud I am of you" she smiled.

"Why?" Grey eyes looked up at her with pure confusion.

"That was very clever of you, discovering Barty's disguise. I can see why you're placed in Gryffindor" she said, as she brushed away the stray hair from her niece's forehead.

"I didn't mean to upset you or uncle Lucius" Lia said in a small voice.

"No one's upset, you don't have to worry about that. Take care of yourself when you return to Hogwarts, alright?"

Lia hmmed, closing her eyes as Narcissa continued to stroke her hair, lulling her into sleep.

"You are everything I wanted my daughter to be like. Regulus would've been so proud" she heard her godmother whisper, but could not reply due to sleep clouding her mind.

-

Lia had to cut her trip short, only being able to live for a week with the Malfoys'.

Much to Narcissa' dismay.

Remus had requested Lia to return, Lucius was squinting his eyes at the letter as if something that was not visible to others would present itself before him.

But nothing of that sort happened.

"Write to me and look after yourself, yes?" Narcissa smiled.

"I will, thank you for looking after me" Lia smiled, hugging Narcissa.

"Of course" Narcissa kissed Lia's cheek.

"I'll see you in school or Diagon Alley maybe" said Draco, shrugging his shoulders in a casual manner.

"Oh, I see you all the time at Hogwarts. I'd rather my godmother came alone to see me. Spend some quality time" Lia said with a smug look.

"Now now no bickering and I'm absolutely flattered" Narcissa chuckled, smiling at her two kids.