One- The Beginning.

Amelia's P.O.V

I look out of the window, at the pouring rain. The street outside is dark and dull, and has a sort of eerie feel to it.

"Stop staring out of the window." I hear Gray say from somewhere behind me.

"Come look at this." Kira says. She holds out her phone to me and I sigh. Brooke turns up the volume on the TV, ignoring us all. She put on some weird movie about a 'Kissing Booth'. It is safe to say, the movie is terrible. And I doubt it will get any better.

"Another edit?" I ask Kira.

"Yeah, what else am I supposed to do with my time?" Kira says. She presses play on her phone and lets the edit play. 'Daddy issues' blasts out of the tiny speaker on her phone, along with an edit of Micheal Langdon. Kira claims that he is her husband, even though he is fictional and (technically) five years old.

"Kira, you already showed us that once." Cerys complains. She is busy trying to get Brooke to turn off 'The Kissing Booth' and put something gayer on.

"Oh well." Kira shrugs.

"I swear to God, Brooke." Gray says, "If that straight couple kisses one more time, I am throwing the TV right out of the window, I don't care how much it cost."

"Can I help?" Cerys asks, attempting in vain to get the remote out of Brooke's hands.

"Sure." Gray says, looking at Brooke, "I mean it." They threaten.

"You wouldn't." Brooke says.

"I really would. I'm a raging gay." Gray says, "I can do anything. I could overthrow the Government with just a carton of apple juice and a few crystals."

"Can I help?" Cerys says again. She takes her phone out, proceeding to blast out 'Girls' by Girl in Red in an attempt to drown out the upbeat music coming from the torturous movie on the TV. Brooke points the remote at the TV once again, to turn the volume up, but Gray grabs it out of her hand, switching it off and tossing the remote carelessly out of the window. I hear a small sound as the remote hits the ground, then nothing. Brooke looks at Gray, mouth slightly open and Cerys turns up the volume on 'Girls' and starts dancing. Meanwhile, Kira is filming it all.

"I told you." Gray says, "I am ruthless." They pull a handful of small crystals from their rainbow tote bag, lighting a candle and placing the crystals in a circle, "Wanna do some magic?"

"It's not even--" I start, glancing out of the window again, "Oh, it is a full moon. Carry on."

"Okay, so we could, like, speak to gay spirits or something." Gray says to us, sitting cross-legged on the floor. Kira sits on the edge of the bed, her legs dangling, watching something on her phone. Brooke is watching the blank TV sadly, like some magic will occur and the movie will somehow carry on playing. Cerys is now singing along to 'Girlfriend' by Girl in Red. Ellis walks through the door, carrying a few more candles. She places them carefully in a circle around Gray and the crystals.

I sit next to Kira, "Okay, how does it work?" I ask Gray.

"Er, magic?" Gray says, "You just, like--" They gesture with their hands at the candles and crystals arranged in a weird ritual, "Y'know?"

"Oh, Hannah!" Cerys yells happily, turning the volume up even higher on her phone. Kira holds out her own phone, obviously recording her again.

"I'm gonna send it to bestie James." Kira says to me. She shows me her screen and I watch her send the video of Cerys into the 'Walking Talking Skittles' Snapchat group. James' bitmoji pops up straight away and I get the notification on my own phone that James has sent a chat. I turn on my phone, opening the chat.

Walking Talking Skittles

James-

Wtf. Go away Kira.

Kira-

gO aWaY tAtE

yOu'Re AlL i WaNt!

YoU'rE aLl i HaVe!

gO aWaYyYyY

I turn off my phone. Kira laughs and starts videoing Gray now. They are lighting the candles surrounding them and arranging the crystals carefully.

"I can't believe you threw my remote out the window." Brooke says.

"Be grateful it wasn't your TV." Gray replies, not looking up. They hold out their hands, smiling at their work, "Okay, all ready."

"What do we do?" Cerys asks Gray, pausing her music for a second.

"We sit in a circle, hold hands." Gray says, "I have to say some weird words. It probably won't work, but if it does, we will end up in a different universe. Don't worry, the effects are supposed to wear off. Eventually."

"Oh, cool." Ellis says.

Me, Kira, Ellis and Cerys sit down on the floor next to Gray and link hands. Brooke doesn't move from her spot on the bed, "Yeah, I'm good." She says.

"But if it works you'll miss all the fun!" Kira complains.

"You won't be able to marry your fictional crush!" Cerys says.

"Yeah, Ben Harmon!" I say. Kira winces at the name.

"You're not supposed to say it." Kira hisses.

Brooke shakes her head, "No."

"Okay." Gray shrugs, "Close your eyes, guys."

Me, Cerys, Kira, Ellis and Gray all close our eyes.

I hear Gray say something I cannot make out in a foreign language, but it seems far away. A piercing whistle rings in my ears and I cannot feel the heat of the candle near me anymore. I cannot feel anything. I force my eyes open, and am immediately blinded by a bright light. I catch a glimpse of what can only be Brooke somewhere in the bright white mist, then everything goes black.

-
-
-

961 words.