11 - Breaking Point

The people in the gorilla watch on nervously as you argue with Amanda.

"You did that on purpose!" you tell angrily, motioning to the monitors. If someone were to loom closely, you can see the way the muscles move in Amanda's leg when her knee partially buckles. She clearly did it on purpose.

"Why would I do it in purpose, huh? Why would I sabotage my own return?" A good point, but at the same time, nothing else she's been doing has made the slightest bit of sense.

"Me! You're still fucking obsessed with me, and I don't fucking get it!"

"I am not!"

"Stop fucking lying! You lied about being abused! You lied about me being the one who cheated! All you do is lie, bitch!"

"Watch how you speak to me!"

"Guess what? Go fuck yourself, Amanda! I was gonna let this whole thing die on its own, but let's see who everyone believes!" You promised yourself you wouldn't do it, but this is too much. It's one thing for her to go after just you. It's entirely another when friends start getting hurt.

Amanda storms off in a huff, and you watch as they escort Lexi in through the curtain. You look to Stephanie McMahon, who nervously shoos you away. After what just happened, leaving is the best option. Especially since you're going to the hospital with Alexis.

You run to catch up with the paramedics, who are just loading her into the ambulance. She's beginning to wake up, but doesn't understand what's happening. At first they try to stop you from getting in, but what can they do?

[ONE HOUR LATER]

The doctor says that she got a concussion when she hit the floor. You're thankful that it wasn't anything too serious, but Lexi is extremely pissed off.

"She did it on purpose, didn't she?" she asks angrily, already knowing the answer. Shamefully, you nod.

"This is all my fault. I should have never let it go this far..."

"Y/N, this isn't your fault. You were trying to do the right thing. Just get some revenge for me, okay?"

"I'm gonna fucking end her."

[A FEW DAYS LATER]

"I never really wanted to talk about it, 'cause I didn't want it to be a me versus you thing, but you hurt one of my friends, Amanda. I could've taken just about anything you threw at me, but this? I'm not gonna let this one slide. I'm sick of being quiet. I never cheated, or even mistreated you once. Where's my proof? Well shit, I ain't got any. That night, I was gonna propose to you. But you told me you were cheating, walked out, and from there on you decided to make my life hell. There was a way to handle this, and hurting my friends wasn't it. Let's see who the media believes, eh?"

You hit post and shut your phone off. Twitter will have a fun time picking that apart. In the meantime, you've got a delivery to make. The takeout in the passenger seat isn't going to eat itself!

You pull into the driveway and take the food up to the door. It opens before you even have a chance to knock, and standing there smiling is Lexi Kaufman.

"You're late," she says, beckoning you inside. She gently shuts the door behind you, then follows you into the living room. "So what'd you get me?"

"Fried rice. Hope you don't mind egg, 'cause there's a lot of it."

"Egg is perfect," she says with a polite smile. God, she's beautiful.

The two of you sit relax on the couch and enjoy your Chinese food, trying not to think about the obvious conversation. Instead, you try to think about what you want to ask her.

"Hey Lexi?" you begin, but one look into those incredible blue eyes makes you shy away and ask something else, "Does it still hurt?"

"Only a little. Thanks for looking after me, Y/N," she replies, giving you a hug.

"What are friends for?"

"Fair enough. Hey, do you wanna go out on a date on Tuesday?" Lexi says it so casually that it almost doesn't register. Did... did she just ask you out? Why, she did indeed.

"Uh, sure. What are we gonna do?" you say, failing to not sound a little startled. She looks like she expected it.

"We could grab some food from Burger King and try to sneak it into a movie theater," Lexi suggests with a mouthful of food. That was a game you played with friends when you were in NXT. Whoever could sneak the most outrageous food into a movie theater got ultimate bragging rights. No one has beat Rami's (Sami Zayn) record of two full racks of ribs, though Fergle almost topped him with a pitcher of beer.

"Sounds fun. It's a date." You say it kind of proudly, as if you did anything. In reality, you're just glad it was Lexi who spoke up.

"Nice, now hook a sister up with the soy sauce."