Chapter 39

I lost my balance for a second bit quickly recovered and lifted both girls up. I slowly shifted my body to get more comfortable carrying akali on my right and evelynn on my left.

Akali: "Let's go home!"

I look up at akali

Evelynn: "You heard the lady. let's get going."

I roll my eyes and begin to walk forward wobbly. I had to keep shifting slightly so I wouldn't lose my balance and drop the girls.

What a bother.

Me: "Hey why didn't you drive here?"

Akali turned to me

Akali: "I told them to go walking so we could convince you to take a break easier."

I looked at her confused for a second

Me: "How does all of you walking convince me to take a break easier?"

She had a smug grin on her face

Akali: "You're taking us home aren't you?"

My mouth gaped

Me: "Fuck."

She giggled

Akali: "See I actually do think sometimes."

I chuckled slept walking until I processed the reason why she wanted to come after me. I stop in my tracks.

Me: "Why do you want me to take a break?"

She poked my cheek

Akali: "Because I want to spend time with you. Also because we know you have 500 thousand dollars in the bank."

I feel my throat go dry

Me: "Ah... so you know about that."

I take a breath to try and calm my self down.

Akali: "Yup, so I was thinking since you have so much money you could take a day off and we could chill."

I kept silently walking and hoped they didn't ask why I had that much.

Evelynn: "I am curious though, based on the jobs you have currently there is no possibility to have that much money."

Fuck you Evelynn

I stayed silent and ignored the question while nervously speeding up a little.

Ahri: "She has a point, even if you worked from let's say 16 you'd need at least a six figure job that paid around 250 thousand dollars a year."

I sighed and closed my eyes.

I could feel akali staring at me even without seeing her.

Akali: "How...? How did you get that much money?"

Me: "Look can we not do this right now."

I let akali and evelynn down to the ground.

I started to walk forward but noticed that they weren't.

Me: "Really? This is the hill all of you are choosing to die on?"

I turn to face them all of them looked at me with caution. An agitated sigh exits my mouth.

Me: "Fine. If all of you want to know so bad, I'll tell the story when we get back to your place."

Fuck you Evelynn and fuck you Ahri for knowing math.

The walk back to their house was silent. And they were all walking a little slower, most likely to stay behind me. It didn't take much more than a few minutes to get back.