Chp. 19 A Minor Hiccup

Weiss patiently waiting out the minute left on her holographic clock displayed from her desk in the classroom of Professor Peter Port, whose dialogue is merely background nonsense as Jaune slides up next to Weiss.

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome... Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know.

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: And then I... Oh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and faceplants into his desk.

Yang: One day.
-------------------------------------------------

Later that night the team proceeds to go forth with their plans as they gear up.

Blake: I thought that class would never end.

Ruby: Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

Ruby then happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: (sarcastic) I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Ben: Yeah. Hey, Rubes? Quick question where do I fit into the plan? I kinda seem left in the dark here.

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found.

Ben: Um...? You didn't answer my question.

Ruby: Let's do this!

Sun: Yeah!

The team proceeds to look out the window to see Sun dangling upside down from his tail.

Blake: Sun!

Yang: How did you get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time!