Chp. 12 Jaunedice Part 2

Jaune is currently sleeping with his head resting in his hands, While Professor Bartholomew Oobleck is is the middle  of his hyperactive lecture, as He educates Weiss, Ben, Blake, Velvet, Jaune and Cardin. Ben tries to awaken his sleeping  friend so he doesn't get in trouble in class.

Ben: Psst! Jaune! Wake up!

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War-- humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie.

He points at the map of said-area with his stick, then zooms off to the side for a sip of his coffee before appearing in front of the desk.

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the other students including Velvet raise their hands.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang!
Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War? Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff... Uhh... Binoculars!

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk while chuckling.

Oobleck: Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha: No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Ben blows a raspberry at Cardin to his friends response as at taunt. Cardin gets out of his seat with his fist clenched in anger.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat. You and Mr. Arc can both see me after class for additional readings.

Jaune: Oohhhh...

Oobleck: Now! Moving on!
-------------------------------------------------
When the lesson ends, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren come out of the classroom, only for Pyrrha to stop near the doorway.

Pyrrha: You go on ahead. I'll wait for Jaune.

Oobleck: You two have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest, or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is... It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so I expect you to act like it. History is important, gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages fifty-one to ninety-one! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now! Run along.