Chp. 9 The Badge and The Burden Part 1

As morning comes, Team RWBY is sleeping soundly in their new dorm. Weiss awakens from sleep  stretching her arms above her head while yawning awakes to see Ruby in uniform, only to get startled and fall out of her bed Ruby blows her whistle.

Ruby: Good morning, team RWBY!

Weiss: What in the world is wrong with you?

Ben: Sadly, I agree with the Ice Queen it's too early for that.

Ruby: Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss: Excuse me?

Yang: Decorating!

Yang enthusiastically holding a collection of objects - pillows, pamphlets, a candle-holder - in her arms.

Ben: I think we have more important things than decorating.

Blake: He's right we still have to unpack.

Her suitcase opens spilling its contents.

Blake: Aaaand clean.

Weiss does not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby knocks her back again with the blow of her whistle.

Ruby: Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Ben, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! Banzai!

Ruby, Blake, Yang: Banzai!

Ben: I think I'm starting to regret my decision.

Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Weiss positions the painting of the Forver Fall forest to perfection and walks away. Blake is busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of Ninjas of Love and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back. Ruby positions Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she can perfectly slash a diagonal portion off. Ben simply folds the few outfits he has putting them away. A quick zoom ends with the team admiring their handiwork... with one problem. The beds are cramped together in the center of the floor.

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff...

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!

Ben: That still doesn't solve where I'm going to sleep.

Weiss: Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super-awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote!

Ruby: I think we just did.

To the sounds of two dings and a single buzz, Blake thumbs up the idea, Yang makes a double-rocker gesture, and Weiss angrily curls her fists at her side. Decided, they rush at the beds, where sounds of jackhammering and sawing are heard until they gather back at the front of the room.

Ruby: Objective: Complete!

Ben: This still doesn't solve where I'm going to sleep.

Yang: Don't worry Benny, you can sleep with me.

Weiss: Yang! Can you stop trying  to seduce him!

Yang: Hmph! You're just jealous he'd rather be with me than you!

The tension rises between the two teammates as anger fills the room until Ben butts in.

Ben: You know what? I'll just sleep on the floor.