Ch 10- My Decision and The Forest of Chakra

(Sasuke's POV Continued)

After we arrived at Tazuna's house, his daughter, Tsunami, led us to an open room where she told us we could have Kakashi lay down. She then led me to an actual bedroom that apparently Natalia used to stay in all the time. She left me alone to set down Natalia -who I was still carrying bridal style- on her bed.

As I loosened my hold on her to lay her down, she started waking up, so I kind of just froze. Her eyes fluttered open and instantly met mine.

"Wha-what happened?" she mumbled in a sleepy voice.

I whispered, "You passed out from using the Sharingan Concealment Jutsu for too long. We're at Tazuna's house now."

"Did you carry me all the way here?" she asked. I nodded. She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a soft kiss on my cheek for the first time in over a week, making me close my eyes in peace. "Can you stay here with me for a bit?"

"Don't you wanna sleep?"

She lightly shook her head, "I'm good now. I just kinda wanted to talk to you."

"Okay." I finally set her down and we sat on the bed together. "So what'd you want to talk about?"

She quietly sighed. "What changed?" I tilted my head in question. "Why are you suddenly being sweet to me again after barely speaking a word to me for the past week?" Her eyes slightly teared up, "You... you acted like I didn't matter to you... so what changed?"

'Like she didn't matter to me? Did I really make it seem that way?'

"Nothing changed. You've always mattered to me, that never stopped, and never will. Sorry that I made it seem that way, I didn't mean to, it's just... I was just so frustrated that you wouldn't tell me the full reason why you don't want to be with me. But during this mission, I realized that I was being stupid for the way I was treating you when all you do is care for me. I'm still annoyed that you haven't told me why you won't be with me, but I can't stand being apart from you and not treating you as the person you are to me."

"The person I am to you?" she questionably repeated.

I nodded and sighed, "Yeah. The most important person in my life." Her eyes slightly widened. I went on, "You're the girl I want to be with, no matter how long it takes me to convince you that nothing will ever happen to us." I raised a brow, "I'm not giving up on you, I hope you know that." She just blinked. "I told you, didn't I? My goals will become reality."

She squinted her eyes in a cute way, "You really want to restore the clan with me?"

I smirked, "You are the last female Uchiha, after all."

She gave me a flat look.

Chuckling, I pulled her into my arms and placed a kiss on her forehead. I pressed my forehead onto hers and looked her in the eyes, whispering, "That's obviously not the only reason why I want to marry you." Her eyes widened with a subtle glimmer of happiness in them.

(Natalia's POV)

'I want to marry you,' my mind echoed.

The way he said it so casually, yet so meaningfully, made my heart flutter. I honestly didn't know how to respond, I just sat there in his arms, staring right into those beautiful, deep, onyx eyes that anyone could get lost in.

I didn't even have to find a response, as Naruto of all people came running into the room, ruining our amazing moment, and making us pull away from each other.

"Guys! Ka--" He blinked. "Uhh.. What were you two doing? Were you..." He grinned mischievously, "Were you two kissin'?"

We sighed and answered in unison, "No." His grin didn't fade, so we repeated ourselves more firmly this time, "NO."