Chapter 24: A (not so) Refreshing Trip!

Summer break had finally arrived, and Setsuko was enjoying her break from school by waking up at four in the morning to practice her choreography. She had just gotten back from the studio and face planted in her bed when her phone rang. She groaned and slapped her side table until she felt the device meet her hand. Flipping open her phone, she answered.

"ITSUKI!"

"Holy-." Setsuko exclaimed, instinctively throwing her phone halfway across her room, and even though her phone was laying on the floor she was still able to hear Tamaki's voice.

"Haruhi's gone! I've already called everyone, and they don't know where she is! My precious daughter! My little girl! She's gone! Her family must be bankrupt! It's the only explanation! I've been trying her home phone and her dad's work phone for the past several days and no one will answer!"

Setsuko glanced at her clock to see it was six thirty in the morning. She had just barely gotten the chance to sleep and here was Tamaki calling and waking her up. She forced herself out of bed and picked her phone up from the ground, "Tamaki, calm the fuck down."

"That's not nice to say, Itsuki." Another voice said from the line. Kyoya.

"Is... is this a conference call?" Setsuko asked, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"They've been evicted and forced into indentured servitude. We have to rescue them!" Tamaki sobbed, ignoring anyone else that was on the line.

"Haru-chan!" Honey sobbed.

"Boss please, not so loud. Have you tried calling her cell phone yet?" Hikaru asked.

"Cell phone? Why on earth would she have a cell phone?!" Tamaki shouted, making Setsuko pull the phone from her ear for the second time. There was a snap on the other side of the line, "Of course! She was issued one by a secret underground of commoners known as 'The Plebian Exchange'."

"Not to interrupt your delusion," Kyoya started, "But Haruhi is currently in Karuizawa."

"Yeah, she didn't tell you guys? She's there helping one of her dad's friends. Though I guess it makes sense since she didn't want you guys paying her a visit." Setsuko said, then let out a sigh, "But thanks to this call that's exactly what's going to happen."

"Haruhi was... turned out of her home, kidnapped by none other than a friend of her dad's, and forced into servitude in Karuizawa?"

"Moron." Kyoya said.

"She's not forced into anything, Suoh. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going back to bed since someone so rudely woke me up. And before you even say it, no, I'm not going to visit Haruhi with you." She closed her phone with a snap and walked back to her bed and face planted into her pillow before falling back asleep.

***

"Itsuki!" Two voices chimed and Setsuko woke up to the sound of the doors to her room being slammed open. "We know you said you weren't coming with us, but the boss demands it!"

Two hands grabbed her arms before Setsuko was able to process what was happening, and the moment she did she pulled her arms out of their grips, falling face first back into her pillow.

The twins were in her room. She was laying in her bed, in her pajamas which consisted of an oversized T-shirt she stole from her brother and underwear. The girls were free and if the twins saw her secret would be found out. "Who let you into the room?" She asked, not moving her head up from the pillow.

"We just walked in." The twins shrugged. "Your staff knows who we are, so they didn't stop us."

"Those bastards... Get the hell out of my room before I make sure you never have the chance to have any children." Setsuko said darkly, looking at the twins and seeing them flinch from under her gaze.