Chapter 22: "I lived, bitch!"

The moment they got to the hospital, Setsuko jumped out of the limo and ran through the doors, not even stopping at the front desk as she ran through the halls and headed to room 266. She stood in front of the door and after a second of hesitation she threw it open.

"Bitch!" She shouted the moment she stepped inside.

"Asshole!" A voice responded, not as strong as Setsuko's, but still there.

The nurses and doctors in the room looked surprised at the sudden intrusion and they all looked towards Setsuko as the teen walked up to the hospital bed, a familiar boy with a mop of black hair laying in the bed.

"Am I going crazy, or did I get a brother while I was in that coma?" Her brother asked.

"Brother...? Oh, oh no. It's a long story that you'll hear some other time." Setsuko said, "How're you feeling, Kojiro?"

"Confused. Tired- you'd think being asleep for a few months would get rid of any fatigue, but I guess being this handsome is quite tiresome."

"Amazing, even after just waking up from a coma you're still an annoying piece of shit."

"Aw, come on Setsu-chan~ I know you missed me these past months."

Setsuko looked at him and the image of a certain blond haired club member popped in her head. "You know, for some reason it feels like you've been with me a lot these past few months."

"Aw, that's so touching."

"No... no it isn't."

"What's with that face?"

"You'll know later. You might go back into your coma if I tell you right now." Setsuko said, dread evident in her voice.

"Akemi?" A voice asked and Setsuko looked up to see a nurse looking down with a smile. "I'm afraid you're going to have to leave. We still need to run a few tests to make sure your brother is all right."

"Oh, right, okay."

"Come visit me tomorrow!" Kojiro said, "I expect you to tell me everything!"

"Yeah yeah. See you tomorrow." Setsuko said as she turned and walked out of the room, sliding the door closed behind her.

"Akemi, everything alright?" Kyoya asked, walking up to Setsuko.

Setsuko felt her lips quiver before she smiled, "Yeah, everything's great, better than that, even."

***

A few days past and her brother was finally cleared for visitors. The moment she heard that, she told Kyoya she was skipping club and rushed straight towards the hospital, where she now saw in a chair beside her brother's hospital bed.

"So, you have to tell me what this new look is about. I mean, you cut and dyed your hair, and you're wearing colored contacts." Kojiro said. "You almost look as dashing as your own brother."

Setsuko rolled her eyes, "Yeah, because that's totally what I was going for, copying your ugly mug."

Kojiro gasped, placing a hand on his chest dramatically. "I've been wounded, someone call a nurse. I need medical attention."

"You know, I actually hoped the coma would dull down that personality, but I guess I was wrong."

"You should never dull something as bright as me."

"No. No I should. That's exactly what I should do."

"You wound me."

"Thank god you're in the hospital."