arc 0 ▍三 . a wanted freedom

-MOONARCY
butterflies

YOU FURROWED your brows towards your white-haired teacher who is infront of you, who is complimenting what yuuta have done to exorcise the curse

he stood there hand on his back, “you really gave it you all, huh.” you sighed, correcting maki's position on your back so that she won't be uncomfortable. “sensei, the three really need medical attention asap. so, hurry up and help me bring them to the car!”

“alright alright calm down, [name]-chan~” you only scoffed at him, walking back to the car. opening the door then placing maki in the backseat.

gojo and yuuta were at the waiting area of the hospital, probably talking about something related to rika and the new boy while you, on the other hand, sat on a vacant seat next to maki's bed reading a book

a book about a male protagonist who wanted to be a free being by sailing the strongest sea in their alternate universe. being free from all these responsibilities, like killing curses and carrying a burden of having cursed magic, yep living a normal life would be a need but let's stop imagining this heaven is hell, we're all going to die either way.

“your reading that book again? i thought you finished reasing that.” maki's voice caused you to snap out of your thoughts. looking up from your book towards maki who sat on the hospital bed munching on a sliced apple.

“yeah i did. i finished the fifth volume, the story isn't even finished yet. though the freedom that the protagonist dreamed of is almost at his fingertips.” she only stared at you as you go back to the paragraph you were reading.

“doesn't the protagonist the one who always helps the people in that story?” you nodded not taking your eyes off the words on the book.

“does helping really helps you reach the goal you want?” this made your look uo once again, book marking the pary you left off then closing the book.

“i don't really know the answer to that, maki-chan. i help people but i rarely ask for anything back, but if they do give you something as a thank you than make use of it. that's what father told me. it's up to the people you've help if they're going to help you reach your goal.” you responded, standing up to gets a glass of water for her. she kept quiet, still munching on another piece of apple slice.