39

4 years later

"Holy shit this is actually happening." Mason turned to Declan as they sat next to each other in the Queen's Theatre. Most of the audience were getting up to leave, however Mason had told Declan, Katie, Dan and Leah that they should "Wait until everyone else is gone before making a move." This was, however, a lie, and only Declan knew the truth. Everybody had just been watching the opening night of a brand new 'Les Miserables' cast which included Alice reprising in the show, but now as Fantine. She had absolutely nailed her performance with her 'I dreamed a dream' stealing the show.

Mason had been making phone calls all week trying to make his plan as seamless as possible working closely with Ian, the director, to help him. The other person who was in on it was Rob, who was reprising his role as Marius and had a very important job.

"Alice, Ian wants to quickly chat to you, I think he is on the stage." Rob was peeping his head round Alice's dressing room door.

"Ok, I'll head there now. I hope I'm not losing my job!" The girl laughed as Rob followed behind her, leaving a small gap.

Alice was a little confused as she stepped out onto the stage. The lighting rig was still on which meant that the auditorium couldn't be seen, and there was low level lighting on the stage, meaning Alice couldn't make out who the figure standing in front of her was. Gradually the lights on the stage brightened focusing onto the figure, which much to Alice's surprise, was Mason, beaming at her.

"Hey beautiful, you killed it out there, like you always do. I know tonight was special to you, as this show is so important to you, but it's also important to us. This very stage is the place we first met, the first time I ever locked eyes with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, which is why I wanted to ask you on this very stage one question," he gently lowered himself onto one knee, "will you marry me, Alice?"

"Of course I will marry you Mase!" Alice was bawling her eyes out at Mason's incredible speech, and just when she thought she couldn't get any happier, the lights in the audience lifted to reveal her best friends standing there who were all cheering and clapping.

"WERE ENGAGED!" Alice yelled as she pulled Mason into the tightest hug, "I love you forever" she whispered in his ear and he whispered back

"I love you forever and ever" before kissing her.