34

"I missed you, beautiful." Mason engulfed his girlfriend into a hug, while leaning in to kiss her gently. After her school reunion Alice had stayed with her family for a few days to exchange christmas presents and see everyone before returning to London to do two more shows. She was then going to drive down to Portsmouth to spend Christmas with Mason's family. The pair watched 'Love Actually' Alice's favourite Christmas film while cuddled on the sofa all day, they were wearing matching disney onesies that Mason had bought the two of them when he was away for a match a while ago. This fact was extremely funny to Declan as he had come round to quickly drop off his present for Mason, and thought it to be the most hilarious situation when his best friend answered the door in a fluffy Lilo and Stitch onesie.

"Mate, what the hell are you wearing?"

"You don't like my onesie?" Mason replied, pretending to be offended. It would have been alright, had Mason not been the only one in his onesie, but Alice had just come downstairs after changing out of hers as she needed to go to the theatre. She hugged Declan as she left, saying that he should get a onesie to match before kissing Mason and leaving for work.

"What have you got Alice for Christmas?" Declan asked, once Alice was out of sight.

"I have an idea, but I haven't bought it yet."

"What do you mean you haven't bought it yet, Christmas is in 2 days!" Declan shot back, slightly alarmed at how relaxed Mason was about this situation. "Mate, you are on another level."

"Well come with me to go and get it now if you are so worried." Mason opened the front door and the two boys headed out. Alice had initially struggled with what to get Mason, as she wanted to get him something sentimental. She had scoured the internet and enlisted the help of Katie who was incredible at art. The final product was what she was picking up after her show from Katie's house and she was so excited as she trusted Katie would have done an amazing job.

Alice could see how excited Mason was as he knocked on the door of his parents house. The pair were greeted with Debbie beaming down at them, as she pulled them both into a tight and loving hug.

"He's here, and he's brought company!" Debbie chuckled to the others who were inside.

"Mason bringing a girl home, I thought we would never see the day!" Mason's older brother received a slap on the arm before he pulled Mason into a hug. He then turned to Alice "Hi, I'm Lewis, Mason's brother" giving the girl who reciprocated his greetings a welcoming hug. Mason's niece Summer then came running towards them, and Mason scooped the girl up and lifted her high into the air as he hugged her. Seeing Mason be this cute with a child gave Alice butterflies as she imagined what Mason would be like if they ever had children together. Alice was introduced to Jasmine, Mason's sister and to her husband, as well as Mason's grandparents who seemed overjoyed to see Mason with a girl. They were also making the typical grandparent's remarks like "Isn't she pretty!" and "I think you might be punching a bit here Mason!" Alice had worked out pretty soon that as the youngest of 4 Mason was the one that they always picked on, and she took great pleasure in joining in on all the banter, after all it would be rude not to.