1

The loud crashing of applause danced around the theatre as the company took their final bows of the night. Alice closed her eyes for a second as the curtain slid gracefully to conceal the actors on stage. Even though this cast had been performing the show 8 times a week for three weeks already every night still had that buzz of opening night as the actors made their way backstage. They were always keen to remove the 'mud' they had to cake onto their bodies as they removed their costumes and makeup and travelled from 19th century revolutionary France and back to 21st century London.

"I need everybody on time to warm-up tomorrow as I have a few announcements to make" Ian, the director, stated as the company gathered round by stage door ready to go home for the night. Alice jokingly poked Rob and said "see you tomorrow loser", the pair chuckled before embracing in a friendly hug before going their separate ways down the back roads of Shaftesbury avenue.

Pulling out her phone once she was perched on the slightly uncomfortable seats of the Victoria line. Opening twitter, Alice decided to look at the trending page as she often used that to keep up on what was going on in the world. It turns out that a lot had gone down since she had turned her phone off for the show. Kim Kardashian and Kanye were getting divorced, BTS seemed to have put out a new song which their fans were loving and Chelsea had just won the champions league. Alice didn't know much about football but her brother had been a big Chelsea fan growing up. She remembers going on a tour of Stamford Bridge for her brother's birthday one year, but she also remembers going to see 'Matilda' the musical that evening, which was a memory that resonated a lot stronger with her now.