111 1 0

The last thing I remember before getting knocked out was someone screaming my name. I don't remember who it was, but shortly after, I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head. My feet gave way, and I felt the cold wood floor hit my face. My vision went black, and that was it.

"Edd?"
"Edd are you awake?"
Someone nudged my shoulder. I blinked slowly, groaning and squeezing my eyes closed.
"Five more minutes..." I muttered. The nudger poked me harder, their voice getting sharper.
"Edd wake the hell up!"
I tried sitting up, but was held down by restraints on my arms and legs. I looked around, bewildered.
"What the hell?!" I shouted.
"Shhhhh, he'll hear you!" Tord whispered. He was the one who woke me up. I looked over at him, blinking sleepily. "Who...?"
I looked around without listening for an answer. I was in a hospital room? I was hooked up to some kind of... machine. My limbs were held down by restraints. Matt and Tom were next to me, also held down. They were still sleeping though. An empty bed sat on my other side, the restraints broken. "Tord? What's going on?!" I tried sitting up again, but the machine beeped loudly and I fell back down. Tord shushed me again. "I don't know, but chill out! We're gonna get caught." He glared at me, and just then I realized something was up. He looked... different.
He was in a hospital gown, a black band strapped across his arm. There was fur all around his face and hands, and his ears looked like...
"Tord...? Why are you... a rat?"
"Well gee, Edd. That's pretty rude considering I'm trying to save our lives here."
"No seriously dude, have you looked at yourself?"
Tord looked at his hands and then back up at me. "Right... that. I don't know what's going on either but whatever it is I don't wanna know. Now hurry up and help me get these restraints off, before he sees us." I shook my head, bewildered and started working away at the cuffs. All of a sudden, as if right on cue, footsteps echoed through the halls. Tord froze and stared at the door, his eyes widening. I froze too, staring at him. I heard the knob start to turn...

"Boss."
A voice called out.
"We need you over here. 1012 got loose."
We heard a heavy sigh, and the footsteps faded away down the hall. I sighed in relief, and Tord continued working away at the restraints. That was... until another familiar voice rang out.
From inside the room.