ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋᴡᴀʀᴅꜱ

Third person pov

  It was late at night, and Y/N snuck off to rush to the gryfinndor common room before curfew. She stood outside, presenting the biggest and the most contagious smile on her face to the fat lady.

"Ahh hello Miss Y/L!" She proudly announced, holding her posture nobly.

"Hello! I'm here to see Mione. Do you mind letting me in?"

"Of course. Don't stay too late. It's almost curfew." She opened up, having Y/N let out a quick 'thank you' as she entered the threshold.

It was different from the other times she's been in the common room. Something felt more lively and spirited. The air felt clearer, the light in the room looked more saturated, and the people around looked more tolerable to interact with. That says a lot.

"Hi Y/N. You look beautiful ," a guy complimented, but Y/N only walked past him in search of Hermione.

There was no time for talking, she was too eager to speak to the other gyfinndor.

From alternating glances from different directions, her eyes locked onto the back of the girl's head. An immediate smile appeared on her face. Every step she took felt like pure bliss, inching closer and closer to the girl she desired to be with.

Her heart raced. Her palms sweated. The adrenaline lurked, slithering to the inside of her body going from head to toe.

The beating continued to increase — yes, the feeling exhilarated her. She loved it. Everything made sense. It was her. All the events led to this moment.

"Hermione," Y/N managed to call out. She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, seeing Hermione turn her head.

Y/N tried to contain the thumping noise that blared through her ears. Her ethereal looks beamed, being the source of the lively feel in the room. She was like nature's beauty, and everything came to appreciate her.

But it all soon subsided. Her heart abruptly stopped and her smile fell.

The boy next to Hermione lifted his head, looking back at Y/N. She realized he was laying on the couch, his head was laid on Hermione's lap, and they were both talking before they were interrupted.

"Uhm — yes?" Hermione quietly said as she tapped on Kade's shoulder, telling him to sit up. As soon as he did, she sheepishly smiled.

"Oh uh." Y/N glanced from Kade to Hermione. Her throat twisted, clutching from either side as it closed in. It was more difficult than ever for the words to escape her lips. "I was wondering if you — I was — I was wondering if I could have a word," she forced out. The embarrassment was written all over her blushing cheeks now.

"Yes, of course. I'll be back Kade," she spoke as she got up from the couch. Before leaving, Kade grabbed her hand and pulled her in for a small kiss.

Y/N looked away, and the beating of her heart only fisted into a ball.

The two girls walked to a small corner of the room, not too far away from the boy, but far enough so no one could hear.

"What is it that you need to tell me, Y/N."

Y/N just stayed quiet to gather her thoughts. The way Hermione stared into her eyes didn't help one bit.

"Well, go on." Hermione continued.

"I like you," Y/N faintly blurted out.

  The tension grew — its like the two exchanged an emotion that was unexplainable. Either of the emotion displaying the opposite.