ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅʟʏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅᴇʀ

hermione: i didn't see you at three broomsticks

you: i didn't go with friends

hermione: what? why

you: ginny offered to help me study for one of my subjects

hermione: ah, ginny. also you know i could've helped you

you: yeah but i somehow knew she was actually gonna arrive unlike someone else i know

hermione: way to be indirect. i already said i'm sorry

hermione: was my token of jellybeans not enough to satisfy you? ;(

you: they were yummy but that's not the point

hermione: i wanted to see you today

you: yeah right

hermione: i'm serious

you: oh shit really

hermione: is it weird how much we bonded over these past few days

you: i guess so. i didn't really think much of it

hermione: it's like we knew each other right away. platonic soulmates

you: mhm

I looked up from my phone, leaning on the wall outside of gryffindor's common room, waiting for Ginny. She texted me wanting to go for a walk since it was beautiful outside, I obviously didn't object to it, we've hung out about 4-5 times together now, I liked being around her. There was something about her bubbly personality that weighed out my stress levels, it was relieving.

I've hung out with Hermione once, and man, was it amazing, but I knew she felt a little uncomfortable. I didn't know if it was whether she knew I had a small liking for her then, or maybe the fact she didn't want to be there at all. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself, but I would let her engage first to hanging out. I most certainly didn't want to come off clingy.

The painting of the entrance opened, causing me to jolt up from my position, naturally straightening up to greet Ginny.

"Y/N?" Great.

"Hey Hermione," I quietly said with a revealing warm smile. She slowly walked up to me with her eyebrows furrowed, wondering out of all places, why was I here. "Waiting for me?" She cockily said, a grin plastering on her face while she crossed her arms in front of her chest, she knew she was all that.

She looked unbelievably good in her uniform.

"Actually-"

"Y/N! Oh, hi Hermione!" Ginny left the common room, stepping over a small ledge, and walking towards me. She stopped in her tracks once she was next to me, snaking her arm under mine to link and wrap our arms together, I picked up that Ginny was a touchy person.

I could feel Hermione's burning stare watch Ginny entangling her arm with mine, hugging me closer for a search of warmth.

Hermione's grin abruptly dropped, her eyes
glinting a hint of hurt, but quickly changed her misdemeanor. "Hey Ginny," she said casually, avoiding eye contact with the redhead — she only looked at me.

"Well, I better get going. You two have fun or whatever." She walked past us before we could say another word. The words 'or whatever' escaped her lips, muffled for only her to hear, but I heard her, I just hope the girl next to me didn't .