Chapter 68

BJ's P.O.V 

Once I got all my stuff together and left the house, I headed back to Honey's 

On the way there Bri called me so of course I declined it, I don't have time to hear her mouth 

I'm sick of my sisters always putting their 2 cents in my business when I don't ask for it nor need it. 

I decided to stop at my Pops and check on him before going to Honey's for the rest of the day. 

I pulled in his driveway about 17 minutes later and parked behind moms old Suburban.

I hopped out and went up to the door knocking on it 

He answered with a white tee and some ball shorts on 

"What's up kid?" He asked pulling me in a manly hug

"Not much, just stopped by to check on you, haven't seen you in a few."

"You know your old man stays out the way, I actually went to the trap a few days ago, shits going smooth over there" He said with a hearty laugh closing the front door and walking over to the couch

"I haven't been to the trap in a while."

"Nothing has changed at all, Chad is holding shit down like I knew he would."

"Where's the kids?"

"In the theater watching a movie."

"What brought you by though?" He asked 

"I just said I stopped by to check on you old man." 

"BJ miss me with that bullshit, I know you better then you know ya own self... So wassup?"

"You really irk my soul old man, but since you insist on being Dr. Phil, I'll start from the beginning."

I started telling him about how I started to see Honey, how we got real close and exclusive, and what happened between me and Tania last night, ending the story with the message she sent me earlier." 

"Sooo, you're telling me, you started stepping out on Tee with a stripper?"

"She's not a stripper, she's a realtor by day, and a bottle girl by night." 

"Okay, so....  Not a stripper, a bottle girl... Got it... Anyways back to the original conversation.."

"You went home last night with hickeys on your neck am I right?"

"Mmhmm"

"Tee saw them, you told her because she wasn't doing it, you found somebody who would... She threw the promise ring at you... You left..Am I right?"

"Mm."

"She packed the kids up, trashed your room, and went to Bri and Britt's right?"

"Mhmmm."

"THENNN, she texted you today basically breaking up with you." 

"Yup."

"You my friend... Are in a pickle." He said laughing like the shit was funny

"Pops ain't shit funny about my situation."

"Aye, you're a grown man, you gone do whatchu wanna do, I can't stop you from seeing Syrup so... All I can say is, make sure you're not making a mistake.. Tee been down with you for a long ass time. Yeah people grow apart, but just make sure you not acting off anger, and this is whatchu actually wanna do Jr."

"I left the relationship mentally, months ago.. I know that sounds bad, but Tee stopped being there for me how she once was.. Not just sexually but mentally.. Yeah, she cooks and cleans and takes care of me when I'm drunk...but mentally, she doesn't ask me what's on my mind or how I'm feeling, she doesn't let me vent to her, she expects me to me iron man and never shed a tear when I'm still grieving.. She hasn't asked me how my day was in months, it's always "I'm going to class, I'm taking to the kids to your dads, I'm off to work.." I love that she's on her shit and she's independent, but she let me slip into the arms of someone who asks me those questions without force."

I felt like a real bitch talking to Pops about this, but I knew the girls were too heated to actually listen to me and my side of the story so I came here.

"I definitely understand where you're coming from.. You felt lonely, even in a relationship?"

"Yeah, I felt alone... She didn't make me feel like we were a team anymore.. I felt like we were just co-parents who lived together."

"When you actually explain how you were feeling, I look at the situation differently... From the outside looking in, you look like a douche bag who cheated on his girlfriend and the mother of his kids.. But once you express how you felt...It's different.. I know how it feels to be lonely, your mom left me in this big ass house by myself with these bad ass kids, and many days, I feel like I have nobody.... Yeah I have a friend now, but she doesn't replace what your mom gave me."

"I'm a little disappointed about you stepping out on Tee, but, I'm not you, I don't think for you... You were missing something and you went out and found it."

"Now this Syrup girl, how does she feel about everything?"

"Her name is Domonique Pops, she just goes by Honey.... We talked about it a little earlier once Tee sent me that message and she basically told me to do what's best for me.. She didn't pressure me to break-up with Tee or anything. She just told me to follow my heart." 

"Well there you have it son, I can't force you to be in a relationship with somebody that makes you unhappy or makes you feel lonely based off your history." 

I sat there for a few more minutes thinking about what he said and nodded in agreeance 

"Thanks Dad.."

"Anytime kid, that's what I'm here for."

"We'll have to spend some 1 on 1 time together soon. I really need to stop hanging with the girls all the time, they irk my nerves." I said with a laugh

"Those girls love your no good ass BJ." He said with a chuckle 

"I'm gonna head out now though.."

I stood up and embraced him in a hug

"Thanks again."

"No problem." 

I walked out the front door twisting the bottom lock before closing it and headed to my car

Once I got in I decided to text Tania 

Me: Meet me at iHOP tomorrow at 1:30 with the twins so we can talk face to face about this, I respect your decision... Just want to make sure we're on the same page concerning the kids.

I hit send then started up the car, pulling out the driveway and heading back to Honey's place. 

Once I pulled in next to her car I grabbed my duffel-bag out the passenger seat and threw it over my shoulder 

I locked the car door and headed up towards her front door 

I knocked and eventually she answered with a pair of sweats and a tank top on

"Yo ass took forever." She said locking the door behind me 

"I stopped by my Pops crib, shut up." I said mushing her head then going up the stairs 

"I got all kinds of snacks for our movie day in, and I figured we'll order food whenever we get hungry again, or I'll cook lunch and we can order dinner."

"It's however you wanna do it, I'm just here.." I said taking my shoes off and putting them in the closet 

I dropped my duffel bag in there too before closing the door 

"Whatchu wanna watch first?" I asked her getting under the cover

"ATL, you know it's my favorite movie." She said with a cute smile

"I should've known, you wanna watch that shit as soon as ya eyes open." I said laughing 

"Dont talk cause you're the same way with Love & Basketball... That movie isn't even good, at least ATL is interesting." 

"Girl you crazy, Love & Basketball is a classic."

"So is ATL"

"No way."

We debated about the movies before deciding the watch ATL first then Love & Basketball 

---------------------------------------------------

Just a filler chapter so it isn't super long :) love y'all