Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish

Start from the beginning

"So? Spit it out!" She snapped, seeming impatient to get information about Morgan. Both of them were like hungry dogs, waiting for their next meal. They disgusted her. How could people live like this? They fed on the misery of others and that seemed the saddest thing of all. They would never be happy in life if they could not let others be happy. She pitied them. But she had come here to get them off her back. And if she just told them this one thing, then she would be rid of them once and for all. Justine took a deep breath and began to talk.

"She has narcolepsy." Her voice wavered for a moment while the other two girls looked at her with utter confusion. Finally Tori spoke.

"Narcolepsy? Is that like a skin condition?"

Justine felt her whole body sag. She knew that they wouldn't have known what it was because even she had to Google it when she got home after the ballet recital. But she had thought that they would at least have a little common sense. But what did she expect? Tori and Chloe were not usually known for their brains. More like what they were known for doing.

"She can't control when she sleeps. It could happen anywhere, anytime. I'm surprised she had kept it secret for so long. Someone was bound to notice her falling asleep all the time..." Justine trailed off as she pondered how Morgan had done it. She must have had help. No one could pull that off without someone noticing that she was asleep. Her brother knew. Maybe that was how she kept it a secret for so long. Justine felt immediate guilt that it was her fault that this girls carefully guarded secret was going to be found out all because of her.

Chloe's face slowly pulled into a vindictive smile that made Justine's insides crawl. On the other hand Tori just looked shock and Justine thought she saw even some sympathy in her wide blue eyes.

"That's a serious condition right?" She asked, her delicately plucked eyebrows pulling together. Justine nodded her head, hoping against hope that Tori would see that Morgan didn't deserve to have her condition used against her in such a cruel way and would back off. But then again she hadn't counted on Chloe being the complete bitch that she was.

"That's awesome! So she's some kind of a freak? Oh my goodness, I can't wait to tell everyone. Her face will be frickin' priceless!" She gushed, turning to Tori and full heartedly expecting her to share her glee. But weirdly, Tori looked uncertain. The two girls stood silently looking at each other until Tori turned to Justine.

"You can leave now." She dismissed. Justine didn't need to be told twice. But before she left, she needed confirmation that she had not just done this for nothing.

"Are you going to leave me alone now?" She asked the blonde. Tori gave her a long look before nodding her head once. Relief flooded through her body and with that, she scurried away, already regretting what she had done to her brother's first love.

 Morgan's POV

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

I heard myself groan in exasperation as I squinted open one eye and watched my phone vibrate on my bedside table. Whoever is calling me so early in the morning better have something good to say because if not, I will not be responsible for my actions. With a sigh I reached over and grabbed the phone and flipped it open without looking at the caller ID.

"What do you want?" I snapped my voice still gruff from just waking up making me sound like I had suddenly turned into batman overnight.

"Hello? Wait is this Morgan?" A confused Tessa spoke hesitantly over the receiver. I coughed a couple of times until my voice returned to its normal pitch and replied.