Chapter 26: Simple rescue mission

Beginne am Anfang

Grif Welcome to my world.

(Meanwhile)

At the other side of the base we see Mike on top of the base looking down at his datapad and doing check list to make sure things are all clear down here. Soon Jin walks up to Mike and asked.

Jin: Hey can we talk about Caboose?

Mike: Look just ask Caboose to give him the rocket and I'm sure he will give it to you.

Jin: It's not that. It's about that machine thing he has down there.

Mike looks away at the datapad and turn to Jin and asked.

Mike: What about it?

Jin: Is it me or do you think that machine has something in it?

Mike: I have no idea what you're talking about?

Jin: Well I walk pass the that machine thing while Caboose and Asisha to get some parts when I say it glow blue, like light blue and i have a feeling that something is in there.

Mike: Hmmm now you think about it, I kinda see that happen a few times.

Jin: Exactly and when I ask Caboose what is it, he said it's his new friend. I don't know by you but I think there an AI in there.

Mike: Well maybe the UNSC give us it so we can try to open it up or something to free this AI.

Jin: And you think telling it stories will work?

Mike: If Caboose thinks it's a good idea then maybe.

Jin: Right. Also, where are they getting these parts. They look Covenant tech what I can see.

Mike: Well there is a crushed Covenant Phantom I the middle of the canyon. According to records, that Phantom holds a Agent named Tex. After the crash this outpost was actually fill with both red and blue troopers that were station here and when they investigate the ship, they were infected by an AI called Omega or O'Malley.

Jin: Jeez that's scary.

Mike: It gets even more scary. The blue who was tge first one get infected by this AI were killed and Red troops head to this base right here to see what happened. They found them all dead and when they return back to red base, Omega start to kill them and he was close until the Meta came ane take the AI and kill all the red soldiers except for one.

Jin: One?

Mike: Yep. Soon after Project Freelancer investigate it and found this one survivor and take him to their base to ask him questions. And that was it.

Jin: Damn that's spooky as hell.

Mike: Yeah it is.

They heard a thud and they turn to see Aisha ane Caboose back with some parts and Aisha accidentally drop some but Caboose helps her while she thanked him.

Jin: Seems like they are back.

Mike: Yeah. Hey, get to know Caboose more. Maybe you two will hit it off as friends.

Jin: Yes sir.

Mike nods and turn to walk away but Jin turn and asked Mike.

Jin: Mike!

Mike turn to him and Jin asked.

Jin: Do you think.....the Meta which is in a coma might wake up and cost a rampage and find that machine we have?

Mike: Never worry. I'm sure the UNSC can help him. Besides, I think the Meta is glad to be free from his corrupt AI.

Jon nods and Mike walks off while Jin stand on top of blue base just alone to his thoughts for a second before he heads back inside the base to do some stuff.